Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Vertical and Horizontal Pano Stitching?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Nigeyboy
    Nigeyboy  6537 forum posts United Kingdom
    7 Mar 2013 - 10:16 AM

Hi all

I have been using PS CS 5.1 for a while now, and along with my old CS2 am used to, and enjoy doing panorama stitching. I use the 'photomerge' function, and 9 times out of 10 it works a treat!

However, I am thinking about doing some larger panoramas. I would like to know if PS is able to stitch together panos that have vertical and horizontal images - ie 8 wide by 3 high for example?

Been on Google but cant find a definitive answer. Can any one here help please?

Thanks in advance

Nige

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    7 Mar 2013 - 10:16 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

keithh
    keithh e2 Member 1023178 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Mar 2013 - 1:06 PM

Can't see why not. Some of the lens distortion might throw up a few probs depending on focal length......but you could always snap a few quick jpgs and see what happens.

Nigeyboy
    Nigeyboy  6537 forum posts United Kingdom
    7 Mar 2013 - 2:02 PM

Just done some more Googling and discovered a freeware program called Hugin - may give that a whirl as well.

bigalguitarpicker

Microsoft ICE is a free download which stitches panoramics perfectly. I've never had any problem stitching larger panos in any software.This Pano is 108 frames at 12 mpx (HDR as well as Pano)

GeorgeBuchan
    7 Mar 2013 - 6:07 PM

I had the same problem and have put it down to lens distortion.

Do you use a pano head?

I made my own pano head, found the nodal point of my lens and have had no problem since. Ive done 12+ multi level stitches with no problem.

bigalguitarpicker

I've been known to use an old flash bracket as a pano head. I've only encountered alignment problems when photographing small spaces, like taking a 360 pano of a room in the house. Or shooting a pano at the beach, when waves don't line up. A bit of Cloning or Patch Tool helps that. Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.