Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

viewing images on TV?

johna12 6 20 United Kingdom
3 Oct 2012 10:01PM
Hi

I have my images on my lap top but when I want to show them to friends and fmily it is a lillte awkward to huddle around the lap top. Can anyone suggest a way to see the images on the TV at full screen?

I would also like advice on how to create a slide show with added music?

Thanks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat 10 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
3 Oct 2012 10:22PM
Has your laptop got HDMI out, If so has your telly got HDMI in......?

If both have this type of port, Just join them together, Then configure your graphic card for the TV resolution.

Its quite easy......Wink

Slideshows & music, Checkout " ProShow Gold " .....Sorted...!

Smile
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
3 Oct 2012 10:30PM
Or if you have Win7, you could use Movie Maker and burn your images to a DVD, If you don't have Win7 you can download it from Microsoft for free!......Jobs a good un'! And it's a cinch to use.

Ade
4 Oct 2012 7:37AM
Most new tvs now also have a vga port (15 pin D) aswell as the HDMI option. Just check the back of your TV and buy the cable that you need.
4 Oct 2012 7:45AM
I've got a Samsung TV and it has a USB port Grin

Just plug it in, select USB from TB menu and hey presto!
puertouk 3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
4 Oct 2012 9:52AM
Your best bet is HDMI, which is superior for quality. As for adding music to a DVD, do not do this unless its copyright free. Otherwise you could find yourself in court.
4 Oct 2012 10:04AM

Quote:As for adding music to a DVD, do not do this unless its copyright free. Otherwise you could find yourself in court.

For private use in your home it should be ok. Othewrwise yes beware.
Jestertheclown 6 6.4k 241 England
4 Oct 2012 10:53AM

Quote:As for adding music to a DVD, do not do this unless its copyright free. Otherwise you could find yourself in court.
I think that that's a bit paranoid. Given that just about everybody's downloading music these days, you'd have to be pretty unlucky to end up being prosecuted for adding a few tracks to a DvD for your own use.
emmaK22 e2
3 55 United Kingdom
4 Oct 2012 11:09AM
Some newer TVs also let you plug the SD card straight in and flick through the photos using your remote, that is quick and easy too. Smile
4 Oct 2012 11:18AM
What laptop, what TV would be helpful?
Jestertheclown 6 6.4k 241 England
4 Oct 2012 11:31AM
My TV's also got a Usb port and my daughter's Nintendo thing has the ability to read SD cards using the TV as a monitor, although the images need to be Jpegs.
colin beeley e2
11 1.1k 10 England
4 Oct 2012 2:42PM
get one of these works great for the i-player and other tv catch ups as well.
Snapster e2
2 125 England
4 Oct 2012 8:08PM
My son has his favourite pics on the TV via a memory stick uploaded through his Xbox.
Surely you've got enough options nowGrin
justin c 10 4.5k 36 England
4 Oct 2012 8:13PM
Sony Bravia LCD's are great, you can wirelessly stream images straight to it.
johna12 6 20 United Kingdom
4 Oct 2012 9:07PM
Thanks guys

I am bit behind with all this technology and dont really understand a lot of the options, sorry. I have a lap top running windows 7 and a LG TV. No X box Whatever one of those is. I guess I need to ask my local telly shop what leads I require to do this or try and download my images on to a DVD?? and play it through the DVD player?? I think I have tried that before and ened up with either small images or unable to control the speed they ran at. Thanks for all the suggestions anyway guys.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.