Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Viewing mono images in camera

redhed17 9 679 England
6 Nov 2012 10:13PM

Quote:Er... that sounds a bit complicated Paul... Just had a quick look and can't see anything that looks like a B&W option.

The B&W option on Canon cameras comes under the Picture Style menu.

On some cameras, you also have the option to apply virtual coloured filters to to the B&W. Using an Orange or Red virtual filter can make blue skies appear dark grey or black. Especially good when when there are nice white clouds too. Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KathyW 11 1.8k 12 Norfolk Island
6 Nov 2012 10:33PM
Oh! I found a monochrome setting Smile Erm, no options for virtual filters or anything like that though... I can see how it would be handy if you just want to shoot jpegs and not have to worry about processing though.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
7 Nov 2012 2:08AM
Can you not save both Jpegs and raws.

Although far too many people still get hung up with jpegs, things have improved a lot since the 300D.
redhed17 9 679 England
7 Nov 2012 12:30PM

Quote:Oh! I found a monochrome setting Smile Erm, no options for virtual filters or anything like that though... I can see how it would be handy if you just want to shoot jpegs and not have to worry about processing though.

There are virtual filters to be played about with. Wink Page 62 of the manual says you can have monochrome images with no 'filter' applied, or a Yellow, Orange, Red or Green filter effect applied. It also gives examples of the effect they may have on a typical scene.

I didn't know until I looked for the above that you can also apply a Toning effect to the image too, for Sepia, Cyanotype etc effects by adding Sepia, Blue, Purple and Green toning.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.