Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Viewing raw files in Windows Explorer

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    kit-monster
    kit-monster e2 Member 103685 forum postskit-monster vcard Singapore2 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Apr 2008 - 9:11 AM

I used to be able to see raw file thumbnails in windows explorer on Vista. I'm not sure what's changed on my PC but it's now not working they way it should. All the icons icons render as thumbnails until the whole page has finished and then the whole lot change to the standard raw windows icon. I've reinstalled the canon codecs but still have the same problem. Any ideas? It's most annoying for opening raw files, especially for hdr because the same happens in the open dialogue for all apps. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Apr 2008 - 9:11 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

vinz420
    vinz420  6 United Kingdom
    22 Apr 2008 - 12:18 PM

Unless you can inform us of what changes you've done/added/deleted with your configuration, I don't think your question will be easy to answer. Sorry I won't be of much help...

strawman
    strawman  1021991 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Apr 2008 - 12:22 PM

Check you file associations. Have you added a new program that thinks it is the best thing for these files. It sounds like the Canon RAW plug in is working, then it is being over written.

kit-monster
    kit-monster e2 Member 103685 forum postskit-monster vcard Singapore2 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Apr 2008 - 2:02 PM

I wish I knew what it was that I had changed over the last two weeks, I upgraded CS, installed Photomatix, Lightroom and iview. But I've only just noticed that raw file icons are behaving strangely. I normally use bridge, which has no problem. I only noticed when trying to pick raw files in Photomatix to blend.

I changed association and didn't do anything. Thanks for the suggestion though.

strawman
    strawman  1021991 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Apr 2008 - 3:18 PM

I would suspect iView, but it is a guess.

poco_bw
    poco_bw  5 Botswana
    21 May 2008 - 3:29 PM

forget all the crap get Arcsoft Raw plugin is free and working even with my Mark III 1Ds

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.