Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Views on BT Broadband please

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85867 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
6 Mar 2012 - 8:40 PM

Having difficulty convincing AOL, that there is a line faultSad

We had the same issue sometime last year and it took a fortnight before they would accept the fact and sort it out

AOL have the line at the moment, but it was still BT who sorted the problem out before

Talking to a call centre in India is a total waste of time

It has been finally confirmed that Infinity is being rolled out from our exchange at the end of the year and I would be subscribing to it.

Seriously thinking of making the switch to BT now - at least there is a 3 month offer onWink and then upgrading to Infinity when it arrives
I realise the cost is more, but I have always been a firm believer that you get what you pay for.

The classic one over all this, was yesterday evening when I inadvertently dialled an AOL sales line. The number they gave me to call, turned out to be a Talk-Talk helpline who weren't interestedSad
I thought they all p****** in the same pot these daysWink

Are the BT help lines any better or any worse than AOL?

All thought/comments greatly appreciated, to alleviate the steam coming out of my ears

Adrian

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Mar 2012 - 8:40 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012548 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
6 Mar 2012 - 8:44 PM

I wont touch BT with a bargepole, had too many problems over the years (both business and personal). Virgin Media are excellent though Smile

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85867 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
6 Mar 2012 - 8:57 PM

Quote: Virgin Media are excellent though

Unfortunately K, the cable in our road is on the other side and they won't bring it across - even lobbied the Communications minister about it, but got some crap reply

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012548 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
6 Mar 2012 - 8:58 PM

oh bum Sad

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
6 Mar 2012 - 9:00 PM

I have two colleagues with BT, and they are happy with what they have got.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
tomcat
6 Mar 2012 - 9:05 PM

Still like to know about there help lines

Cephus
Cephus  92123 forum posts England
6 Mar 2012 - 9:11 PM

I have BT Broadband, their helplines are very good, free to call and you don't have to listen to the same awful tune (Neon Rainbow) over and over again while you wait for a reply. I have only had cause to ring them a couple of times but on each occasion I have been satisfied with the outcome.

Last Modified By Cephus at 6 Mar 2012 - 9:13 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
KenTaylor
KenTaylor e2 Member 92972 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
6 Mar 2012 - 9:34 PM

Been with BT for about 4 years with no problems.
They keep pushing infinity at me but I have no need for the extra speed. They say it could be cheaper but that depends on what option you sign up for.
I dont use the BT email preferring an hosting provider with no adds or any fancy glitter.

I keep the bin happy with the junk I get from Virgin Media

Some years ago now but I was with AOL where I used the help line only to be insulted over the phone as being stupid for not using the correct option number.
Cancelled the subsciption almost at once.

robthecamman
6 Mar 2012 - 9:39 PM

aol are linked with talktalk both crap broadband is pretty much same these days look up ceo e mail and number in google drop him a call doubt you get much joy tho

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108370 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
6 Mar 2012 - 9:42 PM

Been with BT for years and never had a problem, so unfortunately (or fortunately) have never had to ring the help line.

The only time I did talk to them was when I upgraded to total Broadband which must be about 7 or 8 years ago.
I recall that I was being dealt with by a young lady who was new to the job and still being trained, but had no problems and everything went smoothly.
She even made sure that I understood the maximum speed I could expect was lower than the "(up to) 8 meg" package max as the exchange was awaiting upgrade.

I know some people hate BT and have had bad experiences but I reckon it's the same with all ISP's.

Before I got broadband I was with PlusNet, but they are now owned by BT anyway.

Sorry I can't be of more help Adrian.

Kenfromsot
Kenfromsot e2 Member 657 forum postsKenfromsot vcard United Kingdom
6 Mar 2012 - 9:46 PM

Been with BT for 5 years now. Cannot really fault them. My line speed is consistent even at so called peak times. Have no reason to change ISP.

tomcat
6 Mar 2012 - 9:49 PM

Quote: Sorry I can't be of more help Adrian.

Very helpful Doug, as everyone else has beenSmile

As it happens, received a call back from AOL about ten minutes ago, to tell me that there had been issues at the exchange, but it had now been rectified

It isn't the inconvenience, but the countless calls to convince someone, that it ain't my filter or my Sky connectionSad

They might have had a reprieve for now, but bated breath is still on the horizonWink

Still going with Infinity whatever else happensGrin

User_Removed
6 Mar 2012 - 10:17 PM

BT.

Job Done.

Miles Herbert
6 Mar 2012 - 10:26 PM

I use BT at home, and recently have had a few problems with our Home Hub 2 which was constantly dropping the connection. My first call to BT Tech help, which I believe was a call centre in India, was answered by a numpty who promised me all would be well if I logged on to the on-line automatic help tool which he promised would sort me out.

errrr... problem, the router would only log on for 10 seconds at a time ... but he was adamant that this would be sorted out if I only logged on to the on-line help tool. He got shirty when I tried to explain to him that logging on and running the tool was not an option. Time to talk to a supervisor.

A quick chat to the supervisor resulted in an engineer turning up on my doorstep a couple of days later. "Rain" was diagnosed ... electrical interference on the line ... by waving a radio around my house. Even with the mains power switched off the radio was picking up excessive noise as well as some rather natty French music. It was all very "ghostbusters".

After a while the engineer escaped to the junction box a little way away, where he phoned me to let me know that there was nothing he could do, although he would send another engineer to try to track the source of the interference.

Two days later the Noise-Finder-General phoned me up to let me know that the signal strength to the pole outside should give me a speed of 15mbps, and if I was getting less then it was getting lost in the wiring between the pole and the phone point in my house ... very helpful.

That was the last we heard.

Since then I borrowed another hub and plugged it in ... it worked perfectly giving me a constant 8mbps which is about average around here. I bought a new Home Hub (very cheaply off ebay) and it's been stable ever since.

Would I recommend them ... strangely "Yes" ... you always get a response from them, even if that response borders on comedy, and they genuinely seem to care. I even got a call from the call centre asking me if I wanted to pursue a complaint against the first engineer for his "unforgivable rudeness" a few days later. I guess they do record the conversations for training purposes.

When it works the service is good, you also get free access to BT FON, Openzone etc which actually works out quite useful as I found out today sorting a client out from a lap top in my car parked in some road somewhere.

Smile

min
min  3519 forum posts England
6 Mar 2012 - 10:27 PM

im with orange line, calls and broadband never had a problem and the customer service has always been really good Grin

maggie

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.