Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Vista compatible for raw images

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
bumbleb3
bumbleb3  8356 forum posts United Kingdom
22 Oct 2007 - 7:58 AM

This could well have already been covered but I am using Vista on a second machine and I'm looking for a good (not too expensive programme) to convert raw images.
I can download the images OK and I know that CS3 is OK but I am not in that sort of market.I like the look of Phase one but I don't think that will work.A friend of mine has CS3 and a Mask Pro plug in but even that will not work.I am not too computer literate so do not make the answers over complicated PLEASE

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
22 Oct 2007 - 7:58 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

andytvcams
andytvcams  1110396 forum posts United Kingdom
22 Oct 2007 - 8:07 AM

Capture one V4 works with Vista.
As does Lightroom.

Last Modified By andytvcams at 22 Oct 2007 - 8:08 AM
ejtumman
ejtumman  102756 forum posts England
22 Oct 2007 - 8:19 AM

Why don't you use the FREE Canon DPP software that came with the camera. Install it, then install the update from Canons website. It works with Vista fine.

Emma

EDIT: You don't need to download the update to make it work with vista, its just the new version of DPP is soooo much better than the version you get on the disk.

Last Modified By ejtumman at 22 Oct 2007 - 8:22 AM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
bumbleb3
22 Oct 2007 - 8:33 AM

Thanks Emma.I might just give that a go.Its either that or purchasing a copy of XP and installing that on instead of Vista

shaun
shaun  11368 forum posts England
22 Oct 2007 - 8:39 AM

Photoshop Elements 5 and the brand new version 6 are both fine on Vista.

davidbailie
davidbailie e2 Member 11451 forum postsdavidbailie vcard United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2007 - 8:54 AM

Quote: purchasing a copy of XP and installing that on instead of Vista

IMO you'll be soo glad you did!

db

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
timiano
timiano  10894 forum posts United Kingdom
22 Oct 2007 - 2:41 PM

Quote: QuoteTongueurchasing a copy of XP and installing that on instead of VistaIMO you'll be soo glad you did!

db

AAARHGHHGHGHHGHGH!!!

bumbleb3
22 Oct 2007 - 2:59 PM

Quote: Quote:Quoteurchasing a copy of XP and installing that on instead of VistaIMO you'll be soo glad you did!

dbAAARHGHHGHGHHGHGH!!!

I take it this is not a good idea?
I have just been told that I can keep Vista on the hard drive and install XP.
I think that I will go with the idea of using the andy

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014128 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2007 - 3:43 PM

Quote: IMO you'll be soo glad you did!

Mine too - unless you've got a really powerful PC Vista doesn't seem to add anything to your life and stops things working (in my case BT broadband!).

Duncan_E
Duncan_E  7199 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2007 - 3:55 PM

Much as though I like a lot of things in Vista, the drop in gaming frame rates, the poor wireless performance, the irritating "do you really want to do that" nanny approach and the "you don't have permission to do that" annoy the hell out of me. I have the pro version, running as admin, and i installed a new piece of software and was asked three times if i really wanted to run the software and let it nefariously install on my computer. Then there's the one where you try to save something and it says you need admin permission to do that, even though I am the bloody admin and no-one else uses the computer. Come back XP, all is forgiven.

davidbailie
davidbailie e2 Member 11451 forum postsdavidbailie vcard United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2007 - 6:18 PM

Quote: AAARHGHHGHGHHGHGH!!!

attitude - no opinions - one of the newby's ??

he'll learn - or not Smile

db

Last Modified By davidbailie at 22 Oct 2007 - 6:20 PM
davidbailie
22 Oct 2007 - 6:22 PM

Quote: stops things working

there's the rub !

db

trivets12
trivets12  101151 forum posts
22 Oct 2007 - 7:16 PM

Bumbleb3,
Buying XP is going to cost you an awful lot more than just downloading the new version of Capture One, which is free whilst it is the beta version?
Don't waste money on a new OS when you can get free software!! The Beta version is compatible with Vista and will last you until the full production software is available. Even then, it will only cost you 99 euros (ish) and that is a LOT cheaper than buying XP.
Or, as said earlier, download the up to date DPP software and use that.
Trudy

timiano
timiano  10894 forum posts United Kingdom
22 Oct 2007 - 8:35 PM

Quote: Quote:AAARHGHHGHGHHGHGH!!!attitude - no opinions - one of the newby's ??

he'll learn - or not

db

Vista works; C1 works; Lightroom works; CS3 works; Elements works; DPP works.

"You'll be really glad if you installed XP"

I repeat: AARRGHHGHHGHHGH

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014128 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
22 Oct 2007 - 8:38 PM

Quote: Vista works;

Not with my cousins BT Internet connection Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.