Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Vogue advertisement

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    martinproe
    1 Feb 2010 - 5:46 PM

Has anybody else been sent an e mal today asking if they want to adertise in Vogue as a recommended child, family or wedding photographer. special issues in April and May.
    Sounds too good to be true. Knock down prices and a feature, the price is very attractive considering the 1.2 million circulation and they'e not asking for payment until after puplication.. Do I mell a rat?
    Martin.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    1 Feb 2010 - 5:46 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MrsS
    MrsS  84527 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Feb 2010 - 5:53 PM

Why not get the direct number of Vogue via an old copy and give them a ring?

Just a thought

Fran x

User_Removed
    1 Feb 2010 - 5:57 PM

Quote: Do I smell a rat?

If you don't - I certainly do Martin.

Fran nailed it. Get their number and call them first.

martinproe
    1 Feb 2010 - 6:23 PM

I can't really see what anybody can stand to gain, they're only asking for a high resolution photograph and thirty five words o copy. No payment until a month after publication. I'm baffled?

thewilliam
    1 Feb 2010 - 9:00 PM

Sometimes the nationals do offer a good deal. Follow Fran's suggestion.

martinproe
    1 Feb 2010 - 9:47 PM

Thanks everyone, I'll follow your advice and check it out.

contemporary dave

It could be genuine.

2 or 3 years ago, I got a letter from Vogue asking if I wanted to advertise in a special feature at a discounted price of around 500.00 Loads of MPA members got the same letter too. I turned it down as a: a one off ad of this nature wouldn't work and b; the page would also have quite a lot of other photographers ads there too.

I got distinct impression that they were having problems shifting ad space as I got at least 2 phone calls near their copy deadline date offering me further discounts. I didn't go for it. Thinking about this, the sales person wasn't very happy with me when I said I would go for it if they did the ad for around 50.00! From what I can recall, not many of the big gun photographers went for it either.

Last Modified By contemporary dave at 7 Feb 2010 - 6:24 PM
    stevekhart
    7 Feb 2010 - 10:48 PM

Have you seen the ads in Vogue? They're not always of the quality you might imagine! Wink

SuziBlue
    SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Feb 2010 - 11:03 PM

Mmmm .. another industry feeling the pinch - selling advertising space. Expect more of the same.

answersonapostcard
    answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012602 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Feb 2010 - 11:05 PM

hmm yes been getting a few discount ad space calls myself (not Vogue but industry related) sign of the times maybe?

stevekhart
    7 Feb 2010 - 11:05 PM

Quote: Mmmm .. another industry feeling the pinch - selling advertising space. Expect more of the same.

We had to point out to yell.com that the only people who were using our advert was other advertising sales people! They got quite upset when we refused to repeat the business...

SuziBlue
    SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Feb 2010 - 12:09 AM

Quote: We had to point out to yell.com that the only people who were using our advert was other advertising sales people! They got quite upset when we refused to repeat the business...

That's the problem with complacency .. you've got to be ahead of the game, and even more so now. Though, what directories like Yell can do I don't know!

LensYews
    LensYews  51300 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Feb 2010 - 12:17 AM

Quote: you've got to be ahead of the game, and even more so now. Though, what directories like Yell can do I don't know!

The problem Yell and the other directories have is the internet and its search engines are used as a one stop shop, and with internet use extending to a wider audiences on a huge range of devices they will probably see business decline further. About their only option is to collaborate with the search engines, so that searches show the relevant directory entry - similar to the google ads.

Beats me how those telephone directory companies survive, I don't know anyone who still uses that kind of service.

thewilliam
    8 Feb 2010 - 11:36 AM

There's a statement in the Yellow Pages books that the data mustn't be used for marketing. You can wind up cold-callers by asking where they found your details. If they say YP, tell the caller that you're one of the seeds and that legal action may result.

Just Jas
    Just Jas  1225751 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Feb 2010 - 11:55 AM

Parhaps Pete is collaring all the advertising revenue now, leaving just the scraps for yell.com etc?

(just a thought! Wink )

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.