Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Votes? What do they do?

28 Jun 2008 11:52PM
Hello.
Sorry if there is an easy way to find the answer to this question, i have looked around the site but i am a little confused!
What are votes? When shall i add my own "vote" to a photo?
What do they do?
Thank you so much in advance for any help!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MrsS e2
8 4.5k 18 England
29 Jun 2008 12:04AM
Hi Carolyn and welcome to EPZ Smile

If you like a shot enough, you can check the "vote" box to register your liking.

Folks can do this to your uploads too (you can't vote for your own shots, tho')

if you get enough folks who like your work (30) you will see the Reader's Choice box light up under your shot.

If Pete (the Boss) like your shot lots, he can give it an HC (Highly Commended) OR and EC (Editors Choice) award.

All EC's go on to a "final" to be chosen as POTW (Photo of the Week)

Sorry, if this is just adding to the confusion, but I really hope it helps.

Basically, if you like a shot lots, hit the vote button! Wink

Fran x
Grimm e2
8 587 6
29 Jun 2008 12:06AM
Why dont you try it and see. Go to my pf and vote on one or two of my photos. Wink
MrsS e2
8 4.5k 18 England
29 Jun 2008 12:09AM
Behave yourself Glenn! Wink

F xx
Grimm e2
8 587 6
29 Jun 2008 12:13AM
Yes Ma'am! (off to bed now). Wink
pepperst e2
7 2.3k 4 Wales
29 Jun 2008 12:14AM
You use them to make friends, if you vote for a picture then they will vote for you and when you have enough friends you get a special reward.

Or what Fran said Wink
Grimm e2
8 587 6
29 Jun 2008 12:17AM
Right Peps! That is exactly what I wanted to show her. How to make friends in EPZ. Smile

kidding aside, I like your first upload Carolyn, hence my vote. Welcome to the site.
Hanners e2
8 875 10 Ireland
29 Jun 2008 12:30AM

Quote:If Pete (the Boss) like your shot lots, he can give it an HC (Highly Commended) OR and EC (Editors Choice) award.

What's an OR???
pepperst e2
7 2.3k 4 Wales
29 Jun 2008 12:33AM
Outstanding Recipricater, givin to the people that block vote the most Wink
Hanners e2
8 875 10 Ireland
29 Jun 2008 12:47AM
Ahhh, you learn something everyday dontcha? Grin
Tooth e2
9 5.8k 227 Ireland
29 Jun 2008 1:34AM
Hi Carolyn, welcom to the place that is EPZ. A vote, otherwise known as a click (because you click the vote button) is what you give to a photo if you like it. You can also comment on the photo about what you do or don't like about it. There's a lot of chat about votes and clicks, and a often a lot of cynicism in the forum, because some people form groups and just click on each other's pictures regardless of how much they like them, just so they all get more votes and look better for it. Best way is be honest and true to yourself, vote on what you like, comment and interact, and you will make friends, without needing to do an automatic vote-swapping thing..

also bear in mind it's a very big site and what you read in the forums isn't always indicative of the of the overall feeling..

just be yourself and enjoy Smile

Stephen
looboss e2
8 3.1k 7 United Kingdom
29 Jun 2008 7:02AM
for every vote or click made in the gallery a new thread about votes and clicks starts in the forum, where people that don't usually vote or click can moan about those that do Smile
LOL!

I think that's what they are for LMAO!
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
29 Jun 2008 7:20AM
Your mother should have called you Sunny.
pepperst e2
7 2.3k 4 Wales
29 Jun 2008 8:44AM
Wink Luis
MikeA e2
10 1.2k England
29 Jun 2008 10:32AM
Bear in mind you need to be logged onto the site before the vote button appears on screen.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.