Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Voting

KarenFB 8 4.4k 163 England
4 Feb 2013 4:58PM
I find that an unconstructive suggestion, by all means give your opinion on an image, but to 'mark down'!! I find that unacceptably cruel!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lawbert 7 1.8k 15 England
4 Feb 2013 5:00PM
Epz has so many features, tuition, forums where we can gas away harmlessly and air opinions and gain knowledge from our peers

If people are point chasers then so be it, its only thier ego that they are satisfying and does that really matter?

Its probably best to concentrate on improving our own photography and be a little more self critical.
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
4 Feb 2013 5:00PM
It would result in almost all images having a zero overall mark. Smile
Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
4 Feb 2013 5:06PM
Wasn't '+ & - voting' a (pointless) feature on here not so long ago?
ali63 e2
2 527 1 United Kingdom
4 Feb 2013 5:07PM
If you don't like an image for what ever reason just move onto the next image there is nothing as far as i know to enforce you to vote on any image, people upload for various reasons & are also at different levels,photography should be fun you should not be marked down just because someone doesn't like your image, keep the site fun & light hearted.SmileSmileSmileSmile
Ali
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
4 Feb 2013 5:09PM
Why should it matter to me - or to anyone else - whether or not someone outside their specific ePz Click-Clique likes their photograph?

Opinions such as might be expressed by a positive or negative vote only have any value if they are cast by someone who the author respects. How much chance of that on here? No-one on here knows what my qualifications and distinctions might be - so how would they know whether my opinion of their photograph was soundly-based or just rubbish?

No - not a good idea.
robthecamman 3 1.4k United Kingdom
4 Feb 2013 5:34PM
seems like another pointless post people are pulled into Smile
Weasellady 13 51 United Kingdom
4 Feb 2013 5:38PM
Surely the forum is to encourage people into photography, not to put them off with down votes.
The fun of photography is also in the l earning as well as being accomplished.
I am still learning and welcome CC which is a bit different to having been voted down and disillusioned so much that a person just gives up trying.
franken e2
12 3.3k 4 Wales
4 Feb 2013 5:40PM

Quote:Wasn't '+ & - voting' a (pointless) feature on here not so long ago?

I think I can remember it being used in the early days of EPZ and it was abused and then replaced with what we now have.
lawbert 7 1.8k 15 England
4 Feb 2013 5:43PM
having had a look at the Op's last upload which has been dubiously over processed and has more noise in the sky than an Iron Maiden Concert and a sensor snot that could easily be mistaken for a UFOWinkTongue

With 13 votes out of 50 views and taking into account the minus vote proposed thats a -90TongueWinkTongueWink

All meant in jest of course Mr PortoReekoTongueWinkTongueWink
Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
4 Feb 2013 5:46PM

Quote:I think I can remember it being used in the early days of EPZ

It was used more recently that the early days Ken.

I can recall it being in use not so long ago.
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
4 Feb 2013 5:52PM
No you can't. Wink
robthecamman 3 1.4k United Kingdom
4 Feb 2013 6:02PM
the guy who posted this has long left to leave you all fighting amongst selves we never learn Smile
Bonvilston 3 61 8 United Kingdom
4 Feb 2013 6:38PM
No vested interests in this then ??? The guy runs a business selling courses on photography ( see his "About me" ! ). Presumably these negative votes would identify his market for him. Every single thing I have heard from him is negative and destructive. leave him to rent out his house in tenerife and let the rest of us get on with helping each other improve....
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
4 Feb 2013 7:25PM
No interested in any of the voting threads but I thought it would be good to be able to have short-list for user awards, and a short listing is made visible under the pictures.

Say for instance three members short-listed a picture, and two other members gave the picture a user award, it would show as 3 short-listed UAs, and 2 UA`s.

Off to crawl back in my hole Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.