Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Voting

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84282 forum postsKarenFB vcard England163 Constructive Critique Points
4 Feb 2013 - 4:58 PM

I find that an unconstructive suggestion, by all means give your opinion on an image, but to 'mark down'!! I find that unacceptably cruel!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
4 Feb 2013 - 4:58 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lawbert
lawbert  71713 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
4 Feb 2013 - 5:00 PM

Epz has so many features, tuition, forums where we can gas away harmlessly and air opinions and gain knowledge from our peers

If people are point chasers then so be it, its only thier ego that they are satisfying and does that really matter?

Its probably best to concentrate on improving our own photography and be a little more self critical.

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
4 Feb 2013 - 5:00 PM

It would result in almost all images having a zero overall mark. Smile

Jestertheclown

Wasn't '+ & - voting' a (pointless) feature on here not so long ago?

ali63
ali63 e2 Member 2474 forum postsali63 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
4 Feb 2013 - 5:07 PM

If you don't like an image for what ever reason just move onto the next image there is nothing as far as i know to enforce you to vote on any image, people upload for various reasons & are also at different levels,photography should be fun you should not be marked down just because someone doesn't like your image, keep the site fun & light hearted.SmileSmileSmileSmile
Ali

User_Removed
4 Feb 2013 - 5:09 PM

Why should it matter to me - or to anyone else - whether or not someone outside their specific ePz Click-Clique likes their photograph?

Opinions such as might be expressed by a positive or negative vote only have any value if they are cast by someone who the author respects. How much chance of that on here? No-one on here knows what my qualifications and distinctions might be - so how would they know whether my opinion of their photograph was soundly-based or just rubbish?

No - not a good idea.

robthecamman
4 Feb 2013 - 5:34 PM

seems like another pointless post people are pulled into Smile

Weasellady
Weasellady  1251 forum posts United Kingdom
4 Feb 2013 - 5:38 PM

Surely the forum is to encourage people into photography, not to put them off with down votes.
The fun of photography is also in the l earning as well as being accomplished.
I am still learning and welcome CC which is a bit different to having been voted down and disillusioned so much that a person just gives up trying.

franken
franken e2 Member 123135 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
4 Feb 2013 - 5:40 PM

Quote: Wasn't '+ & - voting' a (pointless) feature on here not so long ago?

I think I can remember it being used in the early days of EPZ and it was abused and then replaced with what we now have.

lawbert
lawbert  71713 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
4 Feb 2013 - 5:43 PM

having had a look at the Op's last upload which has been dubiously over processed and has more noise in the sky than an Iron Maiden Concert and a sensor snot that could easily be mistaken for a UFOWinkTongue

With 13 votes out of 50 views and taking into account the minus vote proposed thats a -90TongueWinkTongueWink

All meant in jest of course Mr PortoReekoTongueWinkTongueWink

Jestertheclown

Quote: I think I can remember it being used in the early days of EPZ

It was used more recently that the early days Ken.

I can recall it being in use not so long ago.

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023041 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
4 Feb 2013 - 5:52 PM

No you can't. Wink

robthecamman
4 Feb 2013 - 6:02 PM

the guy who posted this has long left to leave you all fighting amongst selves we never learn Smile

Bonvilston
4 Feb 2013 - 6:38 PM

No vested interests in this then ??? The guy runs a business selling courses on photography ( see his "About me" ! ). Presumably these negative votes would identify his market for him. Every single thing I have heard from him is negative and destructive. leave him to rent out his house in tenerife and let the rest of us get on with helping each other improve....

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315388 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
4 Feb 2013 - 7:25 PM

No interested in any of the voting threads but I thought it would be good to be able to have short-list for user awards, and a short listing is made visible under the pictures.

Say for instance three members short-listed a picture, and two other members gave the picture a user award, it would show as 3 short-listed UAs, and 2 UA`s.

Off to crawl back in my hole Smile

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 4 Feb 2013 - 7:25 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.