Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Voting

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1022905 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna31 Constructive Critique Points
4 Feb 2013 - 7:49 PM

A sort of Close but no Cigar Award?

Like it. I would short-list so many and then award none. Wink

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
4 Feb 2013 - 7:49 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315164 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
4 Feb 2013 - 7:55 PM

It would make so much more sense for those wanting to improve or gauge how well they are doing.

Quote: Like it. I would short-list so many and then award none

That`s a good thing, just limit the award to one a day by leaving it as it stands, and short-list as many as you like Smile

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1022905 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna31 Constructive Critique Points
4 Feb 2013 - 9:04 PM

I only award it once every three months. Wink

capto
capto e2 Member 21057 forum postscapto vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
4 Feb 2013 - 11:08 PM

I am still fairly new to EPZ. I like it because it can be all things to all people. It saddens me when some get upset over what others are doing, live and let live.

keithh
5 Feb 2013 - 12:01 AM

Actually, I've decided to disagree with myself. Bring this in and get rid of the 'like' button which for some misguided numptys has become a virtual turn the other cheek. I'd much prefer it if people said " Do you know what, I disagree with your somewhat negative appraisal of my underexposed mud-filtered artwork and here are my reasons"

Not going to happen though.
Wink

puertouk
puertouk  21063 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
5 Feb 2013 - 11:01 AM

Quote: The guy who posted this has long left to leave you all fighting amongst selves we never learn Smile

The guy is still here!

Quote: No vested interests in this then ??? The guy runs a business selling courses on photography ( see his "About me" ! ). Presumably these negative votes would identify his market for him. Every single thing I have heard from him is negative and destructive. leave him to rent out his house in Tenerife and let the rest of us get on with helping each other improve....

Excuse me, but where do you come up with negative and destructive from? Also, I do not have a house to rent out in Tenerife, something else you have got wrong! You are obviously retired and nothing better to do, but run someone down. Is there something wrong in wanting to improve peoples photographic skills and take them to beautiful locations?
I asked a simple question, would it be beneficial to give a negative vote, rather than a positive one. I was asking the people on the EPZ site what there thoughts were, not what I wanted. Maybe it would be more beneficial if voting was banned? As others have pointed out over a period of time, there's cliques in EPZ, who seem to vote for each other.

Maybe a more constructive way would to have a standard question and answer tick table. Tick each box on the images merits and a section at the bottom for your reasons.

I do not just take paying clients, but recently spent a day with the local breast cancer charity taking images for them. There were over 240 images I took of the days events, from various entertainers on stage, a walk for life and further entertainment down by the beach in Los Cristianos. There were over 2,000 people who took part. Also my wife died of breast cancer, back in January 2011, leaving our 11 year old son without his mother, who was 46 when she passed away.

Yes Peter, I do have a business and a 13 year old son to look after, so unlike you, I do not have all day to sit in front of my computer trying to run people down.
Stephen

p12owe
p12owe  1101 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
5 Feb 2013 - 3:16 PM

Quote: I do have a business and a 13 year old son to look after, so unlike you, I do not have all day to sit in front of my computer trying to run people down.
Stephen

Probably a good enough reason NOT to have a negative voting system then!Tongue

KevSB
KevSB  101407 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
5 Feb 2013 - 3:24 PM

" I do not have all day to sit in front of my computer trying to run people down."

Which is exactly the reason for not having a quick method of running someone's photography down. The same gos for the other suggestion, it just alienates some members of this community.

It's not broken so let it be.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315164 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
5 Feb 2013 - 5:58 PM

Quote: Which is exactly the reason for not having a quick method of running someone's photography down. The same gos for the other suggestion

That`s how I see it Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.