Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Voting

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    sallybea
    sallybea  441 forum posts United Kingdom
    17 May 2010 - 10:09 PM

Hello, Just wanted to say hello and thank you to everyone for their kind comments to a' newby'. I cannot seem to find anything on the site which explains how the voting system works on ephotzine. Could someone enlighten me please!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    17 May 2010 - 10:09 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

roxpix
    roxpix  102236 forum posts Scotland11 Constructive Critique Points
    17 May 2010 - 10:46 PM

Welcome Sally
    From the sites FAQs (under ephotozine tab at top of page)

Under every photo there is a "Vote" button apart from photos with the critique option. The reason for this is that the users who upload these photos are looking for comments stating what is good about the photo and what they can improve upon.

Clicking the vote button will add one to the reader's votes. If you want to however you can add a comment by filling the Leave a Comment box at the bottom.

This is not a mandatory requirement, and you can just view and move on if you want to!

Please do not vote on a photo just because the person voted on yours this is seen as fishing for clicks and is not good site etiquette.

Also do not vote on a photo just because you like the person. Votes should indicate high quality and not friendship

Worth noting that a beta test is currently underway to evaluate a slightly diff voting system where users can also apply a negative vote to other participants of the test if a picture is not liked for a particluar reason

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    Geoffphoto
    18 May 2010 - 3:25 PM

Sorry, what's a vote ??? I haven't had one in ages Sad

Last Modified By Geoffphoto at 18 May 2010 - 3:26 PM
    sallybea
    sallybea  441 forum posts United Kingdom
    19 May 2010 - 6:20 AM

Thanks for the explanation, is there anyway to view submitted competition entries whilst they are current or are we only able to view the end result? Could someone kindly explain how long a challenge lasts and how the end result is judged please!

roxpix
    roxpix  102236 forum posts Scotland11 Constructive Critique Points
    19 May 2010 - 8:05 AM

Hi
    You're correct, comp entries can only be viewed once the closing date & judging/results have been announced

Re comp duration & judging, if you click on a comp title i.e link then it will open a page telling you all about that particular comp inluding start/end dates, prizes, judging & all the rules specific to that comp

The link for competitions can be found under the 'Community' tab at the top of each page

Last Modified By roxpix at 19 May 2010 - 8:06 AM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.