Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Voting system!

csurry
12 9.2k 92
17 Mar 2010 6:32PM

Quote:And maybe another button for "I like you" - which is about all some votes mean!

Which has to be the best explanation yet of why Carabosse rarely gets 30 votes Tongue

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
18 Mar 2010 12:02AM

Quote:

Which has to be the best explanation yet of why Carabosse rarely gets 30 votes Tongue

Yes.......... only 90% of the time. Sad

But Cheryl is much loved.............. and gets much higher than that, i.e. much nearer 100%. Only explanation I can think of! devilish-dark.jpg

18 Mar 2010 8:23AM

Quote:there should be two buttons, one for 'vote' and the other saying 'I appreciate this'

And maybe another button for "I like you" - which is about all some votes mean!

Hahahaha ........ Wink
User_Removed 12 7.3k 6 United Kingdom
18 Mar 2010 1:06PM
Why not just have an icon of a pair of buttocks for 'kiss my arse' and be done with it Smile
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
18 Mar 2010 1:10PM
It might get some people overexcited to get one of those, Barrie! shocked-light.jpg

tongue-light.jpg

5 Apr 2010 6:26PM
Oh dear, the voting system....when I fist joined I made two conclusions in error....the fewer votes, a really bad photo, the more votes, a really good photo. I then went through a period of vote chasing....meaning uploading the kind of images that I thought would get votes...sometimes it would work...but it was an illusion.

If you look carefully at the website, you'll see some pretty dire photgraphs gettting a lot of votes, and on further study, you'll notice that the person's who placed the dire photograph is a very active voter...so tit for tat going on.

I've also been amazed that some really top class photography often recieves little to no votes.

The voting system is not, im my view an indication of what is a good photograph. There are some really first class photographs that do deservedly get a lot of votes, a hundred or more, and well done to them..it's deserved.

Nowadays I upload what I like and what appeals to me, after all, I am sharing my vision of the world as I see it through my lens and noone else's.

Recently I uplodaded a photo called 'Retro', it was a portrait. I processed the picture to make it look very 1960's....it got one vote along with a comment of ' a little over saturated'...well, it was supposed to be a 1960's retro look, and all photos then were oversaturated..so, it goes to show, it's just an opinion.

I vote for what I like, not for who I like.

I've always steered away from offering critique, it seems senseless to me, so I comment on what I like about a picture or not at all, unless the person has specifically asked for critique, and then again, there are many photographers on this website who have far more experience and talent than me so I leave it to them.

If it's fab I'll say so, if it's drab, I'll keep quiet.

The challenge section is also an issue. Often photgraphs are uploaded to challenges that do not follow the guidelines and end up winnig the challenge...go figure...perhaps we have all forgotten to read.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.