Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

VS MODE

Attention!

This topic is locked.

Reason : to avoid two threads discussing same feature

paskinmj 5 11 1 United Kingdom
2 Oct 2012 11:41AM
Is there any way that I can withdraw my work from being used in the new VS Mode. I personally find this new function wrong on many levels; When I upload my images to this site, I am sharing a memory and an art thats very personal to ME. If anyone appreciates my work then, thats a bonus. I do not want it being pitched against anyone else's work thats just as personal to them, for someone else to make a split second decision of whats "hot or not"? This is NOT what photography all about.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
2 Oct 2012 11:55AM
Do you not want it compared to something else, or do you just not want to be told about it? People will compare images with this feature or without - they will give someone else's a 'vote' and not yours (or vice versa). Is this any different? But I can see how the 'competitive' element of the feature can seem tacky: I can imagine that comparing your memory to someone else's and being told 'yours is not as good' can be (this is probably not the right phrase) seen as a slap in the face.

The solution is to have a 'don't buzz me' option on the image page or on your profile.
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
2 Oct 2012 11:59AM
I'll close this thread as there's a discussion about it all here VS MODE
To answer your specific question

1. Option to Opt-Out of VS Mode. (available now in My Settings > Website Options > Gallery Options)

You can now choose to remove your photos from the vs mode. If you ever wish to change your mind, just change this setting back to opt-in and your photos will be available in vs mode again.