Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

VS MODE

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »

Attention!

This topic is locked.
    Reason: to avoid two threads discussing same feature
    paskinmj
    paskinmj  5 United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Oct 2012 - 11:41 AM

Is there any way that I can withdraw my work from being used in the new VS Mode. I personally find this new function wrong on many levels; When I upload my images to this site, I am sharing a memory and an art thats very personal to ME. If anyone appreciates my work then, thats a bonus. I do not want it being pitched against anyone else's work thats just as personal to them, for someone else to make a split second decision of whats "hot or not"? This is NOT what photography all about.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    2 Oct 2012 - 11:41 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit
    mikehit e2 Member 45766 forum postsmikehit vcard United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Oct 2012 - 11:55 AM

Do you not want it compared to something else, or do you just not want to be told about it? People will compare images with this feature or without - they will give someone else's a 'vote' and not yours (or vice versa). Is this any different? But I can see how the 'competitive' element of the feature can seem tacky: I can imagine that comparing your memory to someone else's and being told 'yours is not as good' can be (this is probably not the right phrase) seen as a slap in the face.

The solution is to have a 'don't buzz me' option on the image page or on your profile.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Oct 2012 - 11:59 AM

I'll close this thread as there's a discussion about it all here VS MODE
    To answer your specific question

1. Option to Opt-Out of VS Mode. (available now in My Settings > Website Options > Gallery Options)

You can now choose to remove your photos from the vs mode. If you ever wish to change your mind, just change this setting back to opt-in and your photos will be available in vs mode again.

• «
    • »

Attention!

This topic is locked.
    Reason: to avoid two threads discussing same feature