Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Wacom Bamboo Pen or Pen & Touch?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53653 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    21 May 2013 - 4:45 PM

Which would you recommend for photoshop?

Do you use touch inputs when editing, or is the pen better as its more accurate?

This small simple one is only 40 from non tax paying Amazon.

One fairly good looking review suggests it too light on features:
    this tablet has no buttons whatsoever - no form of input except for the pen and the left, right, and middle mouseclick that it can trigger. Therefore there is no way to zoom or scroll in your software using this tablet - you have to click on zoom or scroll buttons with your mouse or with the tablet pen. Any actions like undo, save, copy, etc. must all be done using a keyboard, or laboriously using the menus of your application. There is also no eraser on the reverse end of the pen (which most other Wacom tablets have).

The ePhotozine review of the touch one (70) seems cool. And suggests the extra 30 for the 4 buttons and the eraser is well worth it.

Finally the size does not look restrictive - what's your experience?

Many thanks for any comments you make.
    Stuart

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    21 May 2013 - 4:45 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

conrad
    conrad  1010877 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
    21 May 2013 - 4:49 PM

I have a Bamboo and prefer using the pen. I wouldn't get the smallest size, that makes editing too fiddly, even with the pen.

Chrism8
    Chrism8  7745 forum posts England14 Constructive Critique Points
    21 May 2013 - 4:59 PM

Hi Stuart, I prefer the pen as well, read some feedback that the touch can be activated by wrist / fingers when in use. tbh, find the small one very good, initially went small re cost as not sure would get on with it, and find it excellent Smile

Hugo
    Hugo  9639 forum posts United Kingdom
    22 May 2013 - 1:49 AM

Have one of the pen and touch tablets - never use touch - don't find it very useful, so turned it off.
    Would go for a slightly larger tablet if you have the cash, especially if you have a bigger screen.
    Something like this
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wacom-Bamboo-Medium-Graphics-Tablet/dp/B005TYVSAS/ref=sr...

Yes it has touch function - can't see one without, so turn it off.

aeimage
    aeimage  1
    22 May 2013 - 2:31 AM

without mouseclick, i can zoom or scroll images c# at any directions i want. that would be awesome. by the way the pen is my favorite one too.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.