Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Wacom Competition

5 Feb 2014 10:12PM
It seems a little unfair to me that Wacom are holding a photography competition in which the best entries may win diddly because they cannot or will not attend The Photography Show. It may just be me, but I find that a little harsh when one has to pay for one's own transport to the show (although the entry ticket is part of the prize). Would you want to travel from the Outer Hebrides to London (extreme example, I know) just to collect a graphics tablet and visit an exhibition that you didn't want to go to?

Of course, there's the warmth of the win, but still.

Forgive me, I am old and jaded and my first 'show' experience was Photoworld '77 - I'll let you do the numbers on that.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

altitude50 10 2.1k United Kingdom
5 Feb 2014 11:42PM
I also thought that. Although my feeble efforts are unlikely to win, I can only go on the Sunday! As the show is 150 miles away.............
scotty94 9 9 United Kingdom
24 Feb 2014 10:47PM
I entered the competition only because I could attend on the day on the remotest hope of even being considered worthy of my image drawing any attention, much to my amazement I came runner up in this and looking at the images that were fielded there were some cracking images with the winners image being very deserving.

Thankfully it isn't the Sunday as wifey is running her first half marathon and don't think I could get away with missing that one!

Just got to sneak a few goodies in the house now that I will no doubt buy on the day....
25 Feb 2014 8:14AM
Well done, Scotty. Enjoy Smile
scotty94 9 9 United Kingdom
26 Feb 2014 8:49PM
Thanks Robert Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.