Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Wacom intuos.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Paulbee
    Paulbee e2 Member 935 forum postsPaulbee vcard United Kingdom
    5 Nov 2013 - 9:15 AM

I am thinking of getting an "Intuos Medium" tablet to process photos. anyone used one yet, and are they worth the money ?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    5 Nov 2013 - 9:15 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

robthecamman
    5 Nov 2013 - 9:28 AM

further down topics theres a question about reccomended tablets

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96098 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Nov 2013 - 9:35 AM

Quote: further down topics theres a question about reccomended tablets

Different type of tablet.

As for the Intuos tablets. I had one several years ago and could not get the hang of using the pen / stylus so gave up.

GarethRobinson

They are great for editing. If you get one hide your mouse for a few weeks and make yourself use only the tablet that way you have to learn how to use it. There is a learning curve but worth it once learnt.

If you can get hold of a student and use their student pass etc you can get great discounts also.

Last Modified By GarethRobinson at 5 Nov 2013 - 9:53 AM
    Willpower
    Willpower  3161 forum posts United Kingdom
    5 Nov 2013 - 9:54 AM

Quote: As for the Intuos tablets. I had one several years ago and could not get the hang of using the pen / stylus so gave up.

Likewise. I bought an Intuous 4 and spent a long time trying to get to terms with it... I lost. It was a remarkable bit of kit and can fulfil all of the claims made of it. If you can get used to the methodology. I know there are hundreds of people out there who will justifiably sing it's praises.
    I for one found it awkward and non intuitive, so I sold it on.

It would be helpful if you knew someone who already had one and would let you have a go. It's a big 's outlay, if ultimately you find it unsuitable.

thewilliam
    5 Nov 2013 - 11:06 AM

We have several Intuos 3 and one old Intuos 2, permanently connected to our computers and we wouldn't be without them.

For Photoshop work, they allow us to use the far more natural movement of "pen on paper" and so they'll cause a lot less fatigue than a mouse.

For word processing, a mouse is easier, so have both connected.

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53469 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Nov 2013 - 1:00 PM

I went for the Small bamboo pen and touch after 6 months of deliberation about it - within 2 days could not live with out it. I quickly turned off the touch feature and just use the pen and its pressure.
    I've a small desk area so the small size is fine, and as I've 2 screens side by side and only use one for editing my work area is about half the small tablet anyway - still plenty big enough for editing.
    Id guess the Intuos is more sensitive and the bigger work area might be better for artists.
    So if you like to edit photo's and currently use a mouse - yes get one when you can.

monstersnowman

The medium is the one i use. It is great for editing - i find far better than my mouse for most things. The medium was a good size as well as it was a good working area but not too big for the desk. I am pleased i paid the money. I got a discount as i was in full time education so got it from an edcation discount supplier.

wnbeat
    wnbeat  829 forum posts Scotland
    5 Nov 2013 - 1:45 PM

The bamboo does a good job for photo processing, I wouldnt spend the money on an intuous as I use one at work and in my opinion is more suited to graphic design and artists

Hugo
    Hugo  9628 forum posts United Kingdom
    5 Nov 2013 - 2:00 PM

Medium Bamboo here - it was fairly expensive as it is (over 100, poor value when compared to say an iPad!) - I don't think the Intuos are worth it for casual use. Wouldn't be without a tablet tho. Pity Lightroom has poor support for tablet. Also have mouse plugged in for the odd bit of software that works better with mouse.

arhb
    arhb e2 Member 62052 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom67 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Nov 2013 - 2:34 PM

Highly recomended - I use the intuos medium pen/tablet with my left hand, and a mouse in my right.

Paulbee
    Paulbee e2 Member 935 forum postsPaulbee vcard United Kingdom
    5 Nov 2013 - 3:14 PM

Thanks for all your comments folks, all very helpful.
    Regards Paul.

Chrism8
    Chrism8 e2 Member 7729 forum postsChrism8 vcard England13 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Nov 2013 - 6:50 PM

I went for the small bamboo with pen only as researched a bit and discovered your hand movements affected the pad, use it a lot for images in cs6 and wouldn't be without it, also wouldn't upgrade as size is perfect, costwise about 50

justin c
    justin c  104504 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Nov 2013 - 8:46 PM

I use the Intuos 4 (Medium) and find it excellent and money very well spent. Highly recommended.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.