Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Waddington International Airshow

2 Jul 2011 10:41PM
Set out at 8am to travel 29 miles to Waddington today with my 3 and 5 year old daughters.

At 845 we were within a mile of the entrance (driving along the A607 from Grantham) when a police motorcycle cop diverted us right, towards the A15. After three more hours we eventually ended up at the entrance, but by them most of the parking was gone (we'd have had to park about 1-2 miles away from the nearest airshow bus stop) and my daughters had had more than more than enough!

So we drove past and went home. Despite having prepaid tickets! The marshall I spoke to told me that no one else was having problems and that I was pretty much lying. However, I suspect that this isn't the case - if anyone here had a similar problem today, please PM me.

Thanks,

Andy McDonald

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 13 2.8k 11 United Kingdom
2 Jul 2011 11:04PM
That's a real shame Andy, especially for the kids.
What a waste of a day. Sorry to hear that.
Doglet 8 58 United Kingdom
3 Jul 2011 9:24PM
We were there for the two days. Little problem getting in except day 1. Mind you we left home at 6am to travel the 30 odd miles, getting in approx 7-15.
The problem was getting out! The Numpties had set up deliberate road jams which meant nearly all leaving via the main gate area ended up going thro Waddington village, then woo yards into the village left to your own devices.
Joys of Life.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.