Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Walkie Talkies

MikeH 9 217 4 England
5 Jun 2010 11:54AM
I am looking to buy a twinset Walkie Talkie for use when out and about with the camera and friends. It's too easy to get split up particularly when landscaping /seascaping. I wondered if any one had any experience and or recommendations?
Mike

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

collywobles 10 3.3k 9 United Kingdom
5 Jun 2010 11:58AM
Some mobile phones have a PTT function.
BigRick 9 2.1k 3 United Kingdom
5 Jun 2010 12:04PM
i have used a 20 pair from argos for about 6 years now, and they work fine outdoors with good range.

I didnt even look at the make etc. just needed some and they were in stock.

If you dont need massive range or crystal clear sound, then any will do for about 20
cameracat 10 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
5 Jun 2010 12:41PM
Have a look at the stuff on offer from " Maplins " they usually have a selection of models to choose from.

As Rick has said, You don't need to spend a load of money, Even the cheap ones get good range out in the open spaces.

I have some horribly expensive " Motorola " units from donkeys years ago, But they are huge great things, Like ancient mobile phones.

Not as discrete as these newer more public offerings.....Wink

Mind you they have a city range of almost 5k, Still not a good enough reason for humping them around all day.......Sad
MikeRC e2
9 3.5k United Kingdom
5 Jun 2010 8:30PM
Hi Mike...I bought some for my nephew's birthday from Maplins for less than 20, a couple of years ago and he thought they were brilliant.
....mind you..he was only 7. Smile

......Mike

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.