Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Walkway over the top of the O2

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    rogerfry
    rogerfry e2 Member 8501 forum postsrogerfry vcard United Kingdom
    31 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

From the 21st of June, you can pay 22 to go on the walkway over the dome. There is a large viewing platform on the top, which gives spectacular views over London and Essex. This link,gives details.
    But, as we might have guessed, the terms and conditions expressly forbid you to carry a camera!! -(other than a mobile phone)-.........another great opportunity missed !!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    31 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

answersonapostcard
    answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012518 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    31 May 2012 - 10:57 AM

and the mobile must be kept safely stored away, if you read the list of conditions its more about health and safety than stopping opportunities this time.

rogerfry
    rogerfry e2 Member 8501 forum postsrogerfry vcard United Kingdom
    31 May 2012 - 11:00 AM

Quote: And the mobile must be kept safely stored away, if you read the list of conditions its more about health and safety than stopping opportunities this time.

Only during the climb.....you can use it once you reach the viewing platform.

keithh
    keithh  1022726 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
    31 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

I'm sure there are less terms and conditions when you climb Everest.

puertouk
    puertouk  21052 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    31 May 2012 - 11:44 AM

I suspect you are not allowed any camera gear because they will want to sell you a book or booklet which will have all the images in it. Just like they do at Windsor and other stately homes.
    Stephen

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96205 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    31 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

Quote: I'm sure there are less terms and conditions when you climb Everest.

Perhaps there should be more T&C's for climbing Everest.

Did you see the article in yesterday's Daily Mail ?

absolutely stupid situation .............. over 200 people walking / queuing in a line to reach the summit in one week-end .......... several, unfortunately died as there was a three hour wait from the Hilary Step... it was -20C and their oxygen tanks were running out.

And, not to mention all the rubbish that is being left behind.... worse than the fly tipping in my local country lanes ! !

Last Modified By JJGEE at 31 May 2012 - 12:10 PM
    keithh
    keithh  1022726 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
    31 May 2012 - 3:16 PM

Can't argue with you there - maybe time to give the old man a rest and a breather.

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314811 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    31 May 2012 - 5:17 PM

Hehe, and there was something about a cable car as well, anything to rake in the money Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.