Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

warranties

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315366 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Feb 2013 - 8:08 PM

I purchased a Sigma lens last year, it was clearly stated that it came with a three year warranty.

A friend told me yesterday that it is in fact a one year warranty extended to three years if you register on line.

I`ve just been along to register, but it states this has to be done within the first thirty days, you also have to include the box bar code number from the side of the box, the box is long gone Smile

What a con Smile

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 7 Feb 2013 - 8:10 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    7 Feb 2013 - 8:08 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jestertheclown

Nikon do a similar deal with their new cameras, or at least, they did with mine.

It came with a twelve month warranty, extending to twenty four, once I registered it online.

Which I did the day that I bought it.

No such deal on the new lens I've just bought though.

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315366 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Feb 2013 - 8:19 PM

If it clearly states a two/three year warranty, then it should be a two/three year warranty without any catches and tricks.

Jestertheclown

Oh, I see what you mean Paul.

Yes. If, somewhere, it states a given period, then surely that ought to be binding.

EG
    EG  5 United Kingdom
    7 Feb 2013 - 8:24 PM

I bought a sigma lens online and tried to register for a warranty extension as offered but they told me
    The lens was not uk stock and didn't qualify.
    Ed

Paul Morgan
    7 Feb 2013 - 8:25 PM

The Olympus warranty has always been two year as far back as I can remember, without the need to have to claim anything online, maybe I`ve just been spoilt for too long Smile

Paul Morgan
    7 Feb 2013 - 8:26 PM

Quote: I bought a sigma lens online and tried to register for a warranty extension as offered but they told me
    The lens was not uk stock and didn't qualify

That bits fair enough.

Overread
    Overread  63763 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Feb 2013 - 8:27 PM

Its a 3year extended warranty if you fill in the paperwork.

HOWEVER far as I know there are some consumer laws that protect you beyond a year anyway so half the time the extended warranties are just a paperchain/extra earner for them.

I suspect even if you don't have it if you have a clear manufacture (and not a user error/accident) problem you can get the cover/fix.

Paul Morgan
    7 Feb 2013 - 8:33 PM

Quote: Its a 3year extended warranty if you fill in the paperwork

So I`ve now been told, how are you supposed to know these things if they don`t tell you.

Guess I`ll be giving them a call tomorrow.

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 7 Feb 2013 - 8:56 PM
    thewilliam
    7 Feb 2013 - 8:43 PM

Grays give a warranty that's a year longer than standard and it's longer still for subscribers to Nikon owner magazine.

Paul Morgan
    7 Feb 2013 - 8:57 PM

Quote: Grays give a warranty that's a year longer than standard

But that's not a manufactures standard warranty.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.