Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Warranty on split kit lenses

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    MeanGreeny
    31 Oct 2011 - 9:06 PM

I'm thinking of buying a 14mm lens from a decent UK dealer that has obviously split a Camera + 2 lenses kit and sold just the one lens with the camera - leaving them just with 1 lens.

Anybody any idea if a warranty comes with the 1 lens - I doubt there will be a card [or maybe even no packaging] with it. Is there electronic warranty application with Panasonic instead etc ?

TIA

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    31 Oct 2011 - 9:06 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Sooty_1
    Sooty_1 Critique Team 41207 forum posts United Kingdom198 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Nov 2011 - 9:26 AM

Get a guarantee from the dealer - in writing, and keep it with the receipt, which will be a proof of purchase and a date reference.

If it is a reputable dealer and a new lens, I can't see why they wouldn't guarantee it for at least a year.

Nick

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    crookymonsta
    crookymonsta e2 Member 6697 forum postscrookymonsta vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Nov 2011 - 11:18 AM

I recently bought a split kit Nikon lens from Jacobs and it came with a Nikon guarantee card. I did check that would be the case before purchasing as I know Nikon can be difficult if you don't have that.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.