Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Was this necessary?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

oldham
oldham  10198 forum posts England
20 Jun 2007 - 1:11 AM

I was recently taking photos of the farm landscape near my home. In due course a little boy aged about 3 runs into the path of the shot I was taking. I deleted the spoilt image and prepared to re shot my image. Meanwhile a lady assumed to be with the child came up shouting and threatening telling me to delete the images I already had done and showed her as proof. She walked off in disgust and was threatening to call police if ever i photographed near her child again Even though initially there was no intention of eve photographing the little boy Over the tpo or just over protective

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Jun 2007 - 1:11 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikesavage
mikesavage  12239 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jun 2007 - 1:20 AM

An inverted-attention-seeking nutter if you ask me - there's a lot of 'em about.

KevinEllison
KevinEllison e2 Member 72507 forum postsKevinEllison vcard England
20 Jun 2007 - 1:25 AM

God...it's getting paranoically silly isn't it...

SuziBlue
SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jun 2007 - 1:32 AM

Nuts. And barking.

steve allsopp
20 Jun 2007 - 1:45 AM

i think suziblue may have summed it up quite well

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108376 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jun 2007 - 1:52 AM

Everybody knows that people with cameras near children are all Paedophiles.
Well that's what the media would have us all believe anyway.
Sad

jazzygf
jazzygf  11537 forum posts Scotland
20 Jun 2007 - 12:06 PM

Quote: Everybody knows that people with cameras near children are all Paedophiles.
Well that's what the media would have us all believe anyway.

Thats the problem, you are taking photos in a farm and some one who can't control their kid complains about you.
Like I have told many folk when shooting Pedos don't usually have a the camera they are shooting with in plain view, what about mobile phone cameras. That normally sorts them out, I said it at a wedding I was shooting and this woman went mental at her father in law who was photographing his grand kids with his mobile phone. Sometimes it is good to sit back and watch nutters go mental.

admiles
admiles  8241 forum posts United Kingdom
20 Jun 2007 - 12:17 PM

I recently got an ear full of verbal abuse from a woman in a local farm park because I was taking photos of a young girl on a swing. She was more than happy to call me a paedophile, pervert and all the rest.

Did I get an appology when I pointed out the little girl was my daughter? What do you think!!

The world has gone mad!!

Anthony

MattGrayson
20 Jun 2007 - 12:22 PM

thats really harsh.
I agree with doug, the media are making it worse for us. Ironically, they are the ones who will camp out or hide in trees to get a sneaky shot of a celebrities new child. Do they get called paedos?

Last Modified By MattGrayson at 20 Jun 2007 - 12:21 PM
Hanners
Hanners e2 Member 8875 forum postsHanners vcard Ireland10 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jun 2007 - 12:50 PM

As far as I know, if you are in a public place you can take photographs. For example, if you are photographing your child in a school football match at the local park, you can photograph it legally, parents may complain and ask you to stop, but legally you are able to continue, even if the school or referee ask you to stop, you can still continue, just as long you are in a public place. However, morally it might be different and of course it doesn't stop you feeling "sick" at the thought that people assume you're a peado.

Just as a thought - and I'm not expecting this to go down too well. If a Peadophile was taking photographs of a child that was just playing in the park and that said Peado didn't go anywhere near the child, as all he wants is a photo, to do whatever sick thing he wants to do with it, what actual harm has come to the child?

By the way I'm not condoning such acts, just wanted to see what people thought of this and please don't attack me!!!

randomrubble
20 Jun 2007 - 1:01 PM

Quote: I agree with doug, the media are making it worse for us. Ironically, they are the ones who will camp out or hide in trees to get a sneaky shot of a celebrities new child. Do they get called paedos?

More to the point some of the main proponents of hang 'em high attitudes have some slightly confused atttudes themselves. For example, not that long ago, the tabloids were full of pictures with salacious captions, of Girls Aloud dressed up for the St, Trinians movie...

EeeZeeLee
EeeZeeLee  7197 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jun 2007 - 1:05 PM

My girlfriend is a teacher in an inner London primary school and she's been told to ask parents not to take pics of their own kids with other kids (ie their own children's friends) in shot! Not sure if this is a school thing or if it's come from on high...
Mad as a box of frogs...

Hanners
Hanners e2 Member 8875 forum postsHanners vcard Ireland10 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jun 2007 - 1:13 PM

If they are in the school or on school/private property, that's their right. For instance most schol plays now ban parents from taking photos of their child/children who are taking part in the play, but you are allowed to purchase photographs of the play taken by a photographer!!! Yet if there was a Peado in the audience - and lets not forget that children are more likely to be abused by someone they know, they can buy as many photos as they like, so the point being it doesn't stop them from having photos of children - but at least the school make money from it!!!

randomrubble
20 Jun 2007 - 1:45 PM

I suspect that much of the attutude from schools etc. stems from the fear of future litigation.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014143 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jun 2007 - 1:53 PM

Quote: Just as a thought - and I'm not expecting this to go down too well. If a Peadophile was taking photographs of a child that was just playing in the park and that said Peado didn't go anywhere near the child, as all he wants is a photo, to do whatever sick thing he wants to do with it, what actual harm has come to the child?

Its something I've always wondered about too - never had a good explanation either.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.