Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Was it the right decision?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Hanners
Hanners e2 Member 8875 forum postsHanners vcard Ireland10 Constructive Critique Points
5 Feb 2010 - 3:59 PM

It been announced on Sky Sports News that John Terry has been sacked as England captain due to his alleged off field activities, it was always stated that Fabio Cappello would make his decision as a football matter, so was this the right way to go? as on the field Terry has been as good as ever recently showing no signs of strain and where does this leave Wayne Bridge, will he ever play in the same England team as Terry. Should the England captain be whiter than white? if that's the case it could be difficult to find a replacement, any thoughts as to who that should be?

Last Modified By Hanners at 5 Feb 2010 - 4:00 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
5 Feb 2010 - 3:59 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
5 Feb 2010 - 4:16 PM

The general consensus amongst sports journalists interviewed recently was that this would be the outcome. Not because of the affair, but because it involved the partner of a team mate. Thus having the potential to split the dressing room, which is obviously not a good attribute for a captain.

So next time perhaps he'll remember to play away from home Wink

Boyd
Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
5 Feb 2010 - 4:21 PM

Quote: Not because of the affair, but because it involved the partner of a team mate.

Wasn't she the ex partner at the time of the affair?

podgod
podgod  10494 forum posts Scotland3 Constructive Critique Points
5 Feb 2010 - 4:31 PM

So if every man who has had an affair is to get the sack, where would that leave the government.

SuziBlue
SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
5 Feb 2010 - 4:32 PM

Quote: So if every man who has had an affair is to get the sack, where would that leave the government.

In bed with the maid?

Hanners
Hanners e2 Member 8875 forum postsHanners vcard Ireland10 Constructive Critique Points
5 Feb 2010 - 4:42 PM

it seems that Rio Ferdinand might be the mext captain and he's hardly innocent either as he missed a drugs test Wink

phil_j
phil_j e2 Member 8133 forum postsphil_j vcard England4 Constructive Critique Points
5 Feb 2010 - 4:46 PM

I hear that Cappello phoned Wayne Bridge to tell him that Terry had lost the captains armband......

.......and asked him to look under his bed to see if he had left it there!!!!

podgod
podgod  10494 forum posts Scotland3 Constructive Critique Points
5 Feb 2010 - 4:48 PM

I fail to see what is has to do with football.

spaceman
spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
5 Feb 2010 - 5:00 PM

Quote: So if every man who has had an affair is to get the sack, where would that leave the government.

With a sack shortage.

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315586 forum posts United Kingdom
5 Feb 2010 - 5:01 PM

Quote: I hear that Cappello phoned Wayne Bridge to tell him that Terry had lost the captains armband......

.......and asked him to look under his bed to see if he had left it there!!!!

Oooh that was good. Smile

Hanners
5 Feb 2010 - 5:03 PM

apperntly it was felt that if Terry remained captain it would split the dressing room, so in effect it is a football matter, but would it still split the dressing room if both players are named in the world cup squad? so will he have to leave one of them out? Smile

riprap007
riprap007  101568 forum posts England37 Constructive Critique Points
5 Feb 2010 - 5:08 PM

why would Wayne be picked for the England squad anyhow? That would be a poor selection.

riprap007
riprap007  101568 forum posts England37 Constructive Critique Points
5 Feb 2010 - 5:18 PM

So England have a drugs cheat for its captain now; great move Capello!

Snapper
Snapper  93752 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
5 Feb 2010 - 5:30 PM

Is this John Terry - Father of the Year - who said

"It's a great honour to be voted Dad of the Year. I have won many trophies in my career but I'm proud to say that this is up there with all of them.

"Georgie and Summer are great kids and I love them both dearly.

"My family mean the world to me and receiving this award has made me feel extremely proud.
?

The same one that was in the NOTW allegedly taking money in secret for organising tours of Stamford Bridge? The same one who may have had other allegations made against him in the past?

I don't actually have a moral point of view here as there is no suggestion that she was anything other than a willing participant, and at least he apparently made it in time to go with her for her abortion, since he didn't get there in time for his own kids being born!

Many of you may still think this is OK in a sporting context, but if your hero is a lying, cheating, greedy so-and-so, you shouldn't come on here mumping about the state of society and lack of values today!

Last Modified By Snapper at 5 Feb 2010 - 5:30 PM
Toonman
Toonman  71420 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
5 Feb 2010 - 5:32 PM

He should be judged on his ability as a footballer not his morals. he hasn't killed anyone, taken drugs or a serious criminal offence. I am sick of the media and 'moral evangalsits' creating hysteria.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.