Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Get on1's Perfect Effects 9.5 for FREE! (£48 value)

Was it the right decision?

Hanners Plus
9 875 10 Ireland
5 Feb 2010 3:59PM
It been announced on Sky Sports News that John Terry has been sacked as England captain due to his alleged off field activities, it was always stated that Fabio Cappello would make his decision as a football matter, so was this the right way to go? as on the field Terry has been as good as ever recently showing no signs of strain and where does this leave Wayne Bridge, will he ever play in the same England team as Terry. Should the England captain be whiter than white? if that's the case it could be difficult to find a replacement, any thoughts as to who that should be?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

csurry 13 9.2k 92
5 Feb 2010 4:16PM
The general consensus amongst sports journalists interviewed recently was that this would be the outcome. Not because of the affair, but because it involved the partner of a team mate. Thus having the potential to split the dressing room, which is obviously not a good attribute for a captain.

So next time perhaps he'll remember to play away from home Wink
Boyd 11 11.2k 11 Wales
5 Feb 2010 4:21PM

Quote:Not because of the affair, but because it involved the partner of a team mate.
Wasn't she the ex partner at the time of the affair?
podgod 11 513 3 Scotland
5 Feb 2010 4:31PM
So if every man who has had an affair is to get the sack, where would that leave the government.
SuziBlue 12 16.2k 10 Scotland
5 Feb 2010 4:32PM

Quote:So if every man who has had an affair is to get the sack, where would that leave the government.

In bed with the maid?
Hanners Plus
9 875 10 Ireland
5 Feb 2010 4:42PM
it seems that Rio Ferdinand might be the mext captain and he's hardly innocent either as he missed a drugs test Wink
phil_j 9 133 4 England
5 Feb 2010 4:46PM
I hear that Cappello phoned Wayne Bridge to tell him that Terry had lost the captains armband......

.......and asked him to look under his bed to see if he had left it there!!!!
podgod 11 513 3 Scotland
5 Feb 2010 4:48PM
I fail to see what is has to do with football.
spaceman 11 5.2k 3 Wales
5 Feb 2010 5:00PM

Quote:So if every man who has had an affair is to get the sack, where would that leave the government.

With a sack shortage.
Big Bri 14 15.8k United Kingdom
5 Feb 2010 5:01PM

Quote:I hear that Cappello phoned Wayne Bridge to tell him that Terry had lost the captains armband......

.......and asked him to look under his bed to see if he had left it there!!!!

Oooh that was good. Smile
Hanners Plus
9 875 10 Ireland
5 Feb 2010 5:03PM
apperntly it was felt that if Terry remained captain it would split the dressing room, so in effect it is a football matter, but would it still split the dressing room if both players are named in the world cup squad? so will he have to leave one of them out? Smile
riprap007 10 1.6k 37 England
5 Feb 2010 5:08PM
why would Wayne be picked for the England squad anyhow? That would be a poor selection.
riprap007 10 1.6k 37 England
5 Feb 2010 5:18PM
So England have a drugs cheat for its captain now; great move Capello!
Snapper Plus
10 3.9k 3 United States Outlying Islands
5 Feb 2010 5:30PM
Is this John Terry - Father of the Year - who said

"It's a great honour to be voted Dad of the Year. I have won many trophies in my career but I'm proud to say that this is up there with all of them.

"Georgie and Summer are great kids and I love them both dearly.

"My family mean the world to me and receiving this award has made me feel extremely proud.
?

The same one that was in the NOTW allegedly taking money in secret for organising tours of Stamford Bridge? The same one who may have had other allegations made against him in the past?

I don't actually have a moral point of view here as there is no suggestion that she was anything other than a willing participant, and at least he apparently made it in time to go with her for her abortion, since he didn't get there in time for his own kids being born!

Many of you may still think this is OK in a sporting context, but if your hero is a lying, cheating, greedy so-and-so, you shouldn't come on here mumping about the state of society and lack of values today!
Toonman 8 1.4k 2 England
5 Feb 2010 5:32PM
He should be judged on his ability as a footballer not his morals. he hasn't killed anyone, taken drugs or a serious criminal offence. I am sick of the media and 'moral evangalsits' creating hysteria.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.