Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Watch This!!! Black Eyed Peas Party Piece!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

mcgannc
mcgannc  5389 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2010 - 1:18 PM

Quote: Does there really have to be a point, other than the sheer fun of doing something?

I love the one where a load of people turned into living statues in Grand Central for about 5 minutes.

I can imagine that would have been a bit unnerving for the ones who weren't in on it! Looked funny though!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
29 Jan 2010 - 1:18 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Henchard
Henchard  92744 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2010 - 3:00 PM

Quote: Some of you guys on here are so cynical....

Cynical moi?

How could I possibly be cynical about a trashy pop R&B group (whilst calling themselves a Hip Hop group, when they retain nothing of the genre, and misrepresent it all over the world) who have pursued incessant licensing, seemingly without any creative conscience, selling their work to any corporation, game or film they can.

The music they create is inane, formulaic, simplistic and designed to simply be a money making vehicle.

The only amazing thing about them is the ability to take money from all the sheep; like the audience in the video who are too stupid to go and find some real music (of any genre including hip hop) that has real meaning and emotion rather than formulaic drivel with lyrics like "I've got that boom boom pow".

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2010 - 3:08 PM

I think it is pretty safe to say that you are not a fan then.... Wink
LOL

mcgannc
mcgannc  5389 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2010 - 3:12 PM

Quote: Quote:Some of you guys on here are so cynical....Cynical moi?

How could I possibly be cynical about a trashy pop R&B group (whilst calling themselves a Hip Hop group, when they retain nothing of the genre, and misrepresent it all over the world) who have pursued incessant licensing, seemingly without any creative conscience, selling their work to any corporation, game or film they can.

The music they create is inane, formulaic, simplistic and designed to simply be a money making vehicle.

The only amazing thing about them is the ability to take money from all the sheep; like the audience in the video who are too stupid to go and find some real music (of any genre including hip hop) that has real meaning and emotion rather than formulaic drivel with lyrics like "I've got that boom boom pow".

Think you should get off the fence and say what you really think Grin

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2010 - 4:10 PM

Come on John, stop beating around the bush! Tongue

Anyway this wasn't about the Black Eyed Peas, rather the people who came together to do the dance.

janeez
janeez e2 Member 61195 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2010 - 6:51 PM

This was an attempt to show how people can come together and do something extraordinary! It was not to ask if the music was good (I like it) or even if the dance was good (I thought it was superb). Only that 20,000 people got together and performed a dance together and shared a wonderful moment. The timing was superb and the surprise element, undeniable.

Goodness, I never realised this link could be so controversial! Sad

strawman
strawman  1022010 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2010 - 6:52 PM

I think we could (and do) argue about anything these days.

It looked like a bit of good fun to me Smile

Last Modified By strawman at 29 Jan 2010 - 6:53 PM
StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014852 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2010 - 6:59 PM

Hey, different opinions are the spice of life. What would this thread be otherwise? Everybody in the same box.

AshTree
AshTree  51702 forum posts England6 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2010 - 7:08 PM

This is definitely one of those 'moments' that will probably be talked about for many years by those who were there to witness it - just like the O2 advert - and I for one would love to have been there. The point? Just sheer enjoyment, fun, exhilaration, the sense of being part of something huge that took a lot of planning to bring it off. That's enough point for me.

ketch
ketch e2 Member 6770 forum postsketch vcard Turks and Caicos Islands50 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jan 2010 - 9:53 AM

Quote: The music they create is inane, formulaic, simplistic and designed to simply be a money making vehicle

Oh dear how very silly - maybe its just me but surely that is the whole point of popular music - just like Pink Floyd, Greatful Dead, Beautiful South, Clash, Kings of Leon, Ramones, Fleet Foxes, Beach Boys and Leonard Cohen - all great and all equally life affirming in their own ways.

And of course all the above and pretty much every other band you can name have the ability to:

Quote: take money from all the sheep; like the audience in the video who are too stupid to go and find some real music

Some people are just not cynical enough to be honest, I mean how completely inocent to think first that 'real music' exists and second to actually believe it is performed for our benefit rather than to make money. Far too trusting Sir. Far too trusting...

Cheers

Robert

Last Modified By ketch at 30 Jan 2010 - 9:54 AM
stevieb
stevieb  102994 forum posts Panama2 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jan 2010 - 10:17 AM

I'm a sheep! Baaaaaaaaaa!. Smile I liked it. Paid 99p for the track. It's now sitting in between the Hurricane (Bob Dylan) and I'm In Love With My Car (Queen).

Last Modified By stevieb at 30 Jan 2010 - 10:18 AM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.