Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Way OT - Combi Boiler Pressure

cattyal e2
9 6.1k 6 England
7 Nov 2009 4:41PM
Hello! Hopefully someone can confirm that I know what I'm doing - ha ha Smile

I've just topped up the boiler - initially the needle didn't move and then before I knew it the needle way over way too far and now presumably I need to lose pressure.

Presumably if I bleed a handy radiator that will do the trick? (when I can figure out how to bleed a radiator)

Not a clue what I'm doing really but learning as I go!

Thanks in advance folks - I'm getting a tad nippy here and think I'll need to put some heating on eventually!

Alison

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

7 Nov 2009 4:44PM
Hi, I did similar once and yes, bleeding a radiator sorted the pressure problem out - wrecked the carpet though :-(
cattyal e2
9 6.1k 6 England
7 Nov 2009 4:48PM
Thanks Mark - I've a handy radiator on a laminate floor - and plenty of old towels Smile I'll give it a go and hope for the best!
cattyal e2
9 6.1k 6 England
7 Nov 2009 5:19PM
Excellent - the needle is dropping as I type accompanied by the sound of running water. Another step forward - I might stop shivering soon!
MrGoatsmilk 6 1.5k England
7 Nov 2009 5:25PM
Or you may have a drain point on the lowest radiator which you could stick a bowl under.
cattyal e2
9 6.1k 6 England
7 Nov 2009 5:26PM
I'll double check for future reference Stuart - thanks.....

At least everything is heading in the right direction and with relatively little mess!
7 Nov 2009 7:03PM
Depending on the system there should be an vent in case the system over pressurises, usually a 15mm pipe going through wall, between the wall and boiler there's a normally a valve with a red knob/button, pull or press the knob/button and it should vent through the wall.
cattyal e2
9 6.1k 6 England
7 Nov 2009 7:15PM
Thanks for the info Robert - crisis is currently averted (and I'm nice and toasty) - but I will inspect the boiler and manual thoroughly in preparation for next time!
tomcat e2
9 6.0k 15 United Kingdom
7 Nov 2009 8:05PM
At least the place will be warm the next time I call in for coffee Wink
cattyal e2
9 6.1k 6 England
7 Nov 2009 8:56PM
I wouldn't count on it - I'm a right scrooge as far as heating goes - which is why I have a decent collection of thermal underwear Smile Oh very very sexy you know........

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.