Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Way OT - Combi Boiler Pressure

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    cattyal
    cattyal e2 Member 96064 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Nov 2009 - 4:41 PM

Hello! Hopefully someone can confirm that I know what I'm doing - ha ha Smile

I've just topped up the boiler - initially the needle didn't move and then before I knew it the needle way over way too far and now presumably I need to lose pressure.

Presumably if I bleed a handy radiator that will do the trick? (when I can figure out how to bleed a radiator)

Not a clue what I'm doing really but learning as I go!

Thanks in advance folks - I'm getting a tad nippy here and think I'll need to put some heating on eventually!

Alison

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    7 Nov 2009 - 4:41 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MarkBroughton

Hi, I did similar once and yes, bleeding a radiator sorted the pressure problem out - wrecked the carpet though :-(

cattyal
    cattyal e2 Member 96064 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Nov 2009 - 4:48 PM

Thanks Mark - I've a handy radiator on a laminate floor - and plenty of old towels Smile I'll give it a go and hope for the best!

cattyal
    7 Nov 2009 - 5:19 PM

Excellent - the needle is dropping as I type accompanied by the sound of running water. Another step forward - I might stop shivering soon!

MrGoatsmilk
    7 Nov 2009 - 5:25 PM

Or you may have a drain point on the lowest radiator which you could stick a bowl under.

cattyal
    7 Nov 2009 - 5:26 PM

I'll double check for future reference Stuart - thanks.....

At least everything is heading in the right direction and with relatively little mess!

southsnapper
    7 Nov 2009 - 7:03 PM

Depending on the system there should be an vent in case the system over pressurises, usually a 15mm pipe going through wall, between the wall and boiler there's a normally a valve with a red knob/button, pull or press the knob/button and it should vent through the wall.

cattyal
    7 Nov 2009 - 7:15 PM

Thanks for the info Robert - crisis is currently averted (and I'm nice and toasty) - but I will inspect the boiler and manual thoroughly in preparation for next time!

tomcat
    tomcat e2 Member 95919 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Nov 2009 - 8:05 PM

At least the place will be warm the next time I call in for coffee Wink

cattyal
    7 Nov 2009 - 8:56 PM

I wouldn't count on it - I'm a right scrooge as far as heating goes - which is why I have a decent collection of thermal underwear Smile Oh very very sexy you know........

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.