Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

We have a new pope.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Umberto_Vanni
Umberto_Vanni e2 Member 9359 forum postsUmberto_Vanni vcard Scotland
13 Mar 2013 - 10:31 PM

I pope it all goes well.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
13 Mar 2013 - 10:31 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104018 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
14 Mar 2013 - 9:30 AM

76...hope they've picked a substitute to come off the bench Wink

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
14 Mar 2013 - 10:15 AM

Wonder if this photographer got any good photos

JJGEE
JJGEE  96291 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
14 Mar 2013 - 10:21 AM

Quote: Wonder if this photographer got any good photos

Do not know, but the shots on the television news were quite good.
I wonder what focal length lens the the tv cameras have ?

oldblokeh
oldblokeh  3795 forum posts United Kingdom
14 Mar 2013 - 10:27 AM

I surprised it turned out without a major disaster occurring. With all those cardinals packed together they could have reached a critical mass. Tongue

paulcookphotography

Quote: I surprised it turned out without a major disaster occurring. With all those cardinals packed together they could have reached a critical mass. Tongue

Badum-tish!

thewilliam
14 Mar 2013 - 12:19 PM

Joking aside, the new Pope has never been one to relish the trappings of power and his choice of papal name is significant. St Francis cared for the poor and I imagine that the new Pope might do the same.

We need to remember that King Henry VIII shut down the monastries after a visit to Glastonbury when he noticed that the Abbott was living better than he did. The Vatican is a palace, where wealth and opulence are flaunted as much as ever.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
14 Mar 2013 - 12:24 PM

Quote: 76...hope they've picked a substitute to come off the bench

They don't want any more longlasting Popes, like John Paul II (over 26 years).

So they choose another elderly chap with sexual hangups. Pope Francis on same-sex marriage: "the devil's work and a real and dire anthropological throwback... a destructive pretension against the plan of God." Oh, purrleeease! Grin

Oh well, at least there won't be any arguments with Pope Emeritus Benedict. Wink

joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
14 Mar 2013 - 12:33 PM

Quote: They don't want any more longlasting Popes, like John Paul II (over 26 years).

You never know. Perhaps Joseph Ratzinger has started a trend? If it continues, and retiring becomes the norm, they'll need to sort out a Papal Pension Plan pronto... Wink

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014128 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
14 Mar 2013 - 12:38 PM

Oh CB, you missed the full quote there. The actual quote should be:

Pope Francis on same-sex marriage: "the devil's work and a real and dire anthropological throwback... a destructive pretension against the plan of God. But if you want a quick fiddle with someone under 16, there's nothing wrong with that " Wink

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
14 Mar 2013 - 12:55 PM

Quote: you missed the full quote there

Sorry, you're quite right! Grin

Quote: they'll need to sort out a Papal Pension Plan pronto

I'm sure that epitome of ethical behaviour, the Vatican Bank, has already done that! Wink

thewilliam
14 Mar 2013 - 1:59 PM

I imagine the new Pontiff will be careful not to try to clean up the corruption. One recent Pope tried that and reigned for 33 days!

Phoenix
Phoenix  131871 forum posts
14 Mar 2013 - 6:39 PM

Quote: Pope Francis on same-sex marriage: "the devil's work and a real and dire anthropological throwback... a destructive pretension against the plan of God."

In other words, Frankie says "Relax , Don 't Do It !!"

Phoenix
14 Mar 2013 - 6:41 PM

Quote: they'll need to sort out a Papal Pension Plan pronto... Wink

Presumably they'll pay it using Paypal ?

Phoenix
14 Mar 2013 - 6:47 PM

Quote: I wouldn't bet against de Kirchner lobbying for Papal support against the "colonial invaders".

Maybe we could give the Falklands back right after they give Argentina back to Spain ? Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.