Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

We have a new pope.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Tooth
Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
19 Mar 2013 - 12:19 PM

Will the Argentinian Pope be guided by the Hand of God?

Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
19 Mar 2013 - 12:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

jondf
jondf  82475 forum posts
19 Mar 2013 - 2:12 PM

Quote: Will the Argentinian Pope be guided by the Hand of God?

Does the right hand know what the left hand's doing? ....the ref didn't and I doubt the pope will either.

cantona43
cantona43 e2 Member 9884 forum postscantona43 vcard England4 Constructive Critique Points
19 Mar 2013 - 2:35 PM

Quote: Maybe we could give the Falklands back

well the new pope is dead against us being in the Falklands but in saying that who really cares about it the majority of British did not even know the Falklands existed until the conflict, and as for same sex marriage I doubt he will will move with the times I do believe also he only turned to the church after after his marriage proposal was turned downed

thewilliam
19 Mar 2013 - 4:18 PM

I seem to remember that, at the time of the invasion, the Falklands were owned by Coalite and guess who had a large stockholding in this company?

Last Modified By thewilliam at 19 Mar 2013 - 4:19 PM
NEWMANP
NEWMANP e2 Member 61583 forum postsNEWMANP vcard United Kingdom574 Constructive Critique Points
19 Mar 2013 - 4:36 PM

Charringtonss merged with Coalite and the group bought the falkland islands trading company. this controlled the fishing and oil rights on the island. it didnt own the island, just the company. the population app 1800 off people were basically of uk origin.
who else was involved, im not aware anyone was other than Anglo group who eventually took over coalite in its entirery before going under a few years back.

jondf
jondf  82475 forum posts
19 Mar 2013 - 8:57 PM

Coalite? Their adverts were from a calmer, less frenetic, happier world -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsZ-BI6QaHw

julesm
julesm  101698 forum posts United Kingdom7 Constructive Critique Points
19 Mar 2013 - 9:27 PM

Not 'We' please. I have no time for religion.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
19 Mar 2013 - 10:26 PM

Quote: Not 'We' please. I have no time for religion.

We, as in the world.......... the planet's entire population has a new pope! Wink

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 73309 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
20 Mar 2013 - 12:25 AM

Quote: I seem to remember that, at the time of the invasion, the Falklands were owned by Coalite and guess who had a large stockholding in this company?

Denis Thatcher

jondf
jondf  82475 forum posts
31 Mar 2013 - 10:40 AM

I'm not especially religious and I'm not a catholic but I like the way this bloke's going about his job -

"He has surprised many of the clerics who work at the Vatican, eating in a communal dining room with other priests and clearly finding much traditional Vatican ceremonial tedious, our correspondent says.

Rather than moving into grand papal apartments, Pope Francis has remained in a Vatican guesthouse, where he has been inviting ordinary people to morning Mass."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21986185

mikehit
mikehit  56329 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
31 Mar 2013 - 8:48 PM

I am not religious but I am starting to warm to the man.

I heard on the radio the other day that he called his usual newspaper vendor to cancel his order because he had a new address.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/9948632/Pope-phones-vendor-to-cancel-h...

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014713 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
1 Apr 2013 - 7:13 AM

The world needs something to get us back to a sense of morals, and a purpose in life; everyone. What are our children going to do. I'm not religious, nor am I RC, but we seem to have slipped off the rails along the way.

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122239 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
1 Apr 2013 - 8:01 AM

I believe every generation thinks that way. I don't think we are any worse than those who went before. Doesn't mean we shouldn't try of course Smile

jondf
jondf  82475 forum posts
1 Apr 2013 - 11:54 PM

Quote: I don't think we are any worse than those who went before.

Well, we're all born equal apparently, then it's what happens to us after that.

The way I see it is that communities and society are not anywhere near what they once were. We've gone from the immediate post war 'we're all in this together' spirit to the overt championing of the consumer as an individual. Television is a mischievous, manipulative medium doing God knows what to the minds of those that watch it, especially children. Consume and be happy! Yet folk patently aren't happy. They're starved of genuine love both in a receiving and giving sense.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
2 Apr 2013 - 12:12 AM

Quote: we're all born equal apparently

Are we?

I'm irresistably reminded of that line from that old song by The Who........... Substitute: "I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth" Grin

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.