Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

We wish you a speedy recovery Sue

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Maddie
Maddie  92714 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jan 2013 - 7:00 PM

Only just seen this, as ive been away.....( not in a home or prison) Wink

I am glad to read that sue has made a recovery, hope all is ok with you as well Ade.

Maddie

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
2 Jan 2013 - 7:00 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114484 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jan 2013 - 10:51 AM

Thanks Guys, Sue was given the all clear by the Heart Unit in Bristol just before Christmas, she'll be on drugs for the rest of her life, but as anyone whose had a heart attack will tell you, this is normal.

As for me, well I'm still struggling at the moment with my Bi-polar and Post Traumatic Stress disorders. Xmas was pretty horrendous and I was asked if I wanted to go into hospital, but I got through it. The New Year celebrations went much better, but more because I went on a bit of a bender and can't remember most of it Smile The news that the my youngest daughter was proposed to by her long standing boyfriend on New Years Eve was especially well received so that's something to look forward too....They're aiming for a Church wedding with all the bells and whistles and me giving her away in September. So I'm going to need a goodish wedding photographer for some of the group shots as being the Father I don't think I'll be able to do it Smile But we have someone within the family whose very capable, were just going have to twist her arms a bit Smile
I saw the consultant psychologist yesterday and I've got to change my drug regime again, but have to have blood tests first before that can happen. She also confirmed that the reason behind all the problems I'm having was because of the brain injuries I sustained in the bad accident I had 20 years ago so least things are moving forward. However, in the meantime, I've a network of counsellors and telephone numbers to ring when if things get problematic.
Still haven't been able to do any real serious photography for about 6-8 weeks, but this is more down to the sleep deprivation than anything, I just can't think straight most of the time. The wildlife I have in garden and the rescued autumn juvenile hedgehogs we have in our care at present are keeping me fairly grounded and giving me some partial motivation, so while my abnormal thought processes can be very negative at times, the outlook is positive.
I've still got to have the cartiledge operation on my knees to deal with soon, just waiting for a date for that to come through, but in the general scheme of things this is minor and not really something I'm worrying about.
So in conclusion, things are ticking over even if I'm currently not participating to much on EPZ at the moment. I am still logging in most days just to see what's going on and to keep up with the gossip and news, and I have managed a couple of entries in last months White competition and I've a few plans for this months Nature competition, whether I get that done remains to be seen, but if my moods allow it, I'll certainly give it a pop.
I'm sure once the quacks get me sorted and onto the new drug regime that's planned, things will improve a lot and I'll be back to my more usual self and commenting in the galleries and forums as usual as well as doing a lot more photography than I've been able to do.
I'd like to pass on my thanks to everyone whose emailed and PM'ed asking how things are, if I've not replied to you individually I apologise now profusely, but at the time the chances were that I wasn't well enough to reply to specific individuals, you know who you are and most of you know the problems I have so I'm sure you all understand.
Best wishes to everyone and here's hoping we all have a great New Year and thanks to all again............AdeSmile

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122211 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jan 2013 - 11:08 AM

Ade, here's to a really positive New Year. Glad to hear Sue is coming along nicely but very sorry to hear about your problems. I have close family in a similar situation and I know very much what it's like...not pleasant Sad However, you seem to be taking the right attitude so good on you. We are also hoping for a better year this year. Chin up.

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110181 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jan 2013 - 11:12 AM

Ade, sounds as if things may slowly be sorting themselves out, lets hope so and that 2013 is a much better year for both of you

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114484 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jan 2013 - 11:29 AM

cheers guys, what with Sue's heart last year really was our Annus horribilus, but I'm upbeat and sure I'll be back fighting fit real soon...

Ade

AnnChown
AnnChown e2 Member 4183 forum postsAnnChown vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jan 2013 - 11:37 AM

I'm sorry to read of your and Sue's problems Ade and hope that this year will be so much better in every way for you both.
Ann

WhiteRose1
WhiteRose1 e2 Member 41029 forum postsWhiteRose1 vcard England133 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jan 2013 - 12:08 PM

Glad to hear you're both on the mend (albeit slowly). You have a lot of friends on the site, the interaction and humour on the images is a good tonic. Hang on in there, Ade.

Dave

CarolG
CarolG e2 Member 7128 forum postsCarolG vcard Greece16 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jan 2013 - 12:20 PM

Great news for Sue, Ade, and glad to hear that things are at last picking up for you. Not a good year for you both, let's hope that 2013 is the start of something good, that you will soon get out and about on your beloved Levels and start taking photos again, and uploading them to EPZ. We have all missed you, missed the banter and quips, and can't wait until you get back. Take care, and I'm still living in hope that this year you will be fit and able to make the trip over here. Carol xx

barbarahirst
barbarahirst e2 Member 6barbarahirst vcard United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jan 2013 - 12:51 PM

great news for you all...
we all go through rough patches .. thats whats life is all about
If Sue is on Warfarin please tell her to watch the dosage,,,,,
my past husband got accute liver damage as the warfarin nurse wrote the perscriptions wrongly

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43681 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jan 2013 - 4:55 PM

Late in on this, but all the very best to you both, Ade. Take good care of each other.Smile

Malc

geoffash26
geoffash26  102506 forum posts United Kingdom
3 Jan 2013 - 7:00 PM

Glad to hear things or on the up Ade. I'm not crazy about arranging people for group photos but if you would like a second tog to do getting ready, church, candid etc and I'm available, will do it for some petrol money Grin just let me know.
Please send regards to Sue

EMJAYCEE
EMJAYCEE e2 Member 5EMJAYCEE vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jan 2013 - 8:47 PM

Been preoccupied with family and Christmas and only just catching up on epz affairs Ade. Hope that health matters take a good turn for the better now that 2013 is with us.
Joan.

phil_j
phil_j e2 Member 8133 forum postsphil_j vcard England4 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jan 2013 - 11:42 PM

Hi Ade,
Really pleased to hear that things are looking on the up for you and Sue.
I hope that 2013 just keeps on getting better for you both.
All the best.
Phil, Janet and Oliver

Craggwildlife
Craggwildlife e2 Member 571 forum postsCraggwildlife vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jan 2013 - 10:29 PM

sorry to hear this news
hope things are going ok and Sue makes a good recovery

David

Ade_Osman
5 Jan 2013 - 10:35 PM

Were doing OK guys thanks again.....

Ade

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.