Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Wearing Glasses

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
gareth01422
24 Nov 2012 - 12:39 PM

Hi guys

One thing I cant seem to get to grips with is when looking through the eye piece on my camera, should I be wearing my glasses

Or do I set the focus so i don't need to?

This is baffling me.

Gareth

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
24 Nov 2012 - 12:39 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mlewis
mlewis  91476 forum posts United Kingdom
24 Nov 2012 - 12:42 PM

If your camera viewfinder has a dioptre adjustment you may be able to adjust that to compensate so you don't have to.

redsnappa
redsnappa  111914 forum posts United Kingdom
24 Nov 2012 - 12:50 PM

I always wear my glasses even with dioptre adjustment.

franken
franken e2 Member 113108 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
24 Nov 2012 - 12:53 PM

Quote: I always wear my glasses even with dioptre adjustment.

I do the same. What's the point of taking your glasses off, taking a picture, putting them back on etc?

gareth01422
24 Nov 2012 - 1:13 PM

Quote: I always wear my glasses even with dioptre adjustment.

I do the same. What's the point of taking your glasses off, taking a picture, putting them back on etc?

To me it just feels wrong, wearing glasses while looking through the view finder......

its probably just me...

sparrowhawk
sparrowhawk e2 Member 5267 forum postssparrowhawk vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
24 Nov 2012 - 1:17 PM

wear your glasses i always have and always will ! we were given glasses to wear so why take em off it's sillly really

Last Modified By sparrowhawk at 24 Nov 2012 - 1:18 PM
Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
24 Nov 2012 - 1:25 PM

I'm always taking glasses on and off. I wear them for distance, but not for reading. It's no big deal really.

LCD screens on the back of the camera are very handy! Using the VF, I sometimes just look over the top of the specs.

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43857 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway25 Constructive Critique Points
24 Nov 2012 - 1:26 PM

Wear them. I tried without but couldn't be arrised having to put them on all the time in order to read the camera-top screen.

Malc

Campervanman
Campervanman e2 Member 6714 forum postsCampervanman vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
24 Nov 2012 - 2:36 PM

Just do whatever you're most comfortable with. Personally I take mine off because I like to get my eye up tight to the viewfinder to see all of the viewing screen and camera settings shown in the viewfinder.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96291 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
24 Nov 2012 - 2:43 PM

Quote: I wear them for distance, but not for reading

I have thought about that recently.
Eye distance to viewfinder is minimal so I am beginning to think I need some plain ( not varifocal ) reading glasses when manual focussing.

Last Modified By JJGEE at 24 Nov 2012 - 2:44 PM
cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104018 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
24 Nov 2012 - 3:08 PM

can't see a bl**dy thing without mine. GrinGrin..the only problem I have is that I keep having to clean my glasses afterwards Sad

perhaps laser surgery is the answer? my wife had a lens implant, I'm not brave enough SmileSmileSmile

marsh145
marsh145  6 England
24 Nov 2012 - 3:34 PM

I'm the same as cats_123....... can't see a thing without them!! Always wear my glasses Grin unless I'm in a canoe or kayak, when I wear contact lenses for distance..... but then I can't see what I've taken until I get home and put my glasses on!Sad

keith selmes
24 Nov 2012 - 4:59 PM

wear them. no time for messing around.

Sooty_1
Sooty_1 Critique Team 41202 forum posts United Kingdom198 Constructive Critique Points
24 Nov 2012 - 5:32 PM

As long as you can see the whole frame it isn't a problem, but not many cameras have high-eye point viewfinders. As long as you set the diopter correction for what you normally do....

The only time you might have a problem is if the exposure is changed if the eyepiece isn't covered, for instance if using a big ND filter, you will need to cover the eyepiece or the meter might read light from t rather than through the lens. Cameras expect the eyepiece to be covered by your eye!

Nick

MikeA
MikeA  91168 forum posts England
24 Nov 2012 - 6:02 PM

Always take mine off, better to see the whole frame.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.