Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Web or App?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    cats_123
    cats_123 e2 Member 104030 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Jan 2013 - 3:29 PM

Tell me O wise ones.....................I've just bought a tablet with a Google Android Operating system. I can get epz via the web page, but would I be better off downloading an App (this is my first venture into this new age!!)? Is there one? SmileSmile

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    9 Jan 2013 - 3:29 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Weasellady
    Weasellady  1351 forum posts United Kingdom
    9 Jan 2013 - 4:33 PM

I've just searched the Android shop and there doesn't seem to be an app, but what I have done is save as a bookmark and put a shortcut on my tablet homepage.
    Works the same, just click the icon.

cats_123
    cats_123 e2 Member 104030 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Jan 2013 - 4:39 PM

Thanks...just been trying it out..am sending this from my tablet GrinGrin

saltireblue
    saltireblue Site Moderator 44036 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway26 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Jan 2013 - 4:39 PM

I have an iPad Mini and access this and other sites I frequent using Safari...no need for apps, which often offer only a slimmed down version of sites.

Malc

Last Modified By saltireblue at 9 Jan 2013 - 4:41 PM
    cats_123
    9 Jan 2013 - 4:41 PM

Thx malc..all seems to work OK..fabulous toy Grin

Last Modified By cats_123 at 9 Jan 2013 - 4:42 PM
    Snapster
    Snapster e2 Member 2121 forum postsSnapster vcard England
    9 Jan 2013 - 4:46 PM

Get the night sky app, point your tablet at the sky and it shows you the constellations and planets.
    Spooky.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    saltireblue
    saltireblue Site Moderator 44036 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway26 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Jan 2013 - 4:48 PM

Quote: .fabulous toy Grin

Agree, Jeff..I've only had mine a month and find it to be a great piece of kit. The size is the reason I bought it...never wanted the full-size version, far too bulky to lug around all over the place.

Malc

Weasellady
    9 Jan 2013 - 9:56 PM

I have an Archos 80 G9 and it's just the right size to pack in my camera backpack for my holidays.
    My son gave me his Huewei E586 "3" portable modem so I can get on the internet while in North Wales.
    Last year I bought a couple of Micro SDs plus adaptors for my camera, so I was set up and can load my pics easily onto the tablet and upload them to the net.
    The archos has a mini usb hence the adaptor.

Last Modified By Weasellady at 9 Jan 2013 - 9:59 PM
    cats_123
    9 Jan 2013 - 10:16 PM

Quote: I have an Archos 80 G9 and it's just the right size to pack in my camera backpack for my holidays.
    My son gave me his Huewei E586 "3" portable modem so I can get on the internet while in North Wales.
    Last year I bought a couple of Micro SDs plus adaptors for my camera, so I was set up and can load my pics easily onto the tablet and upload them to the net.
    The archos has a mini usb hence the adaptor.

Mines a Zenithink 10.1". Micro SDs are my next purchase so that I can use them in camera and view my images whilst I'm away. Have had a netbook for about 3yrs, but it now feels heavy to lug around...so this tablet is about 1/3rd of the weight, works faster too GrinGrinGrin. Mine's 3G supportable (built in wi-fi - hich is great because we have BT infinity at home). Have been using a Vodafone dongle up til now, but they only work in UK (well they do work in Europe but the roaming charges are so extortionate!!!!

cats_123
    9 Jan 2013 - 10:17 PM

Quote: Get the night sky app, point your tablet at the sky and it shows you the constellations and planets.
    Spooky.

wow...am off to New Zealand soon, so should get some clear skies...that will be a great App to have GrinGrin

Weasellady
    9 Jan 2013 - 10:35 PM

Quote:

Mines a Zenithink 10.1". Micro SDs are my next purchase so that I can use them in camera and view my images whilst I'm away. Have had a netbook for about 3yrs, but it now feels heavy to lug around...so this tablet is about 1/3rd of the weight, works faster too GrinGrinGrin. Mine's 3G supportable (built in wi-fi - hich is great because we have BT infinity at home). Have been using a Vodafone dongle up til now, but they only work in UK (well they do work in Europe but the roaming charges are so extortionate!!!!

Try www.7dayshop.com for your SD cards. Really good prices and free postage.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    cats_123
    10 Jan 2013 - 6:35 AM

Quote: Try www.7dayshop.com for your SD cards. Really good prices and free postage.

..thx...as it happens have just ordered an 8Gb card from them - have used them in the past GrinGrin

Weasellady
    10 Jan 2013 - 9:20 AM

Brilliant firm, aren.t they?Grin

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.