Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Web or App?

cats_123 e2
10 4.2k 25 Northern Ireland
9 Jan 2013 3:29PM
Tell me O wise ones.....................I've just bought a tablet with a Google Android Operating system. I can get epz via the web page, but would I be better off downloading an App (this is my first venture into this new age!!)? Is there one? SmileSmile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Weasellady 13 51 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2013 4:33PM
I've just searched the Android shop and there doesn't seem to be an app, but what I have done is save as a bookmark and put a shortcut on my tablet homepage.
Works the same, just click the icon.
cats_123 e2
9 Jan 2013 4:39PM
Thanks...just been trying it out..am sending this from my tablet GrinGrin
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
9 Jan 2013 4:39PM
I have an iPad Mini and access this and other sites I frequent using Safari...no need for apps, which often offer only a slimmed down version of sites.

Malc
cats_123 e2
9 Jan 2013 4:41PM
Thx malc..all seems to work OK..fabulous toy Grin
Snapster e2
2 133 England
9 Jan 2013 4:46PM
Get the night sky app, point your tablet at the sky and it shows you the constellations and planets.
Spooky.
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
9 Jan 2013 4:48PM

Quote:.fabulous toy Grin

Agree, Jeff..I've only had mine a month and find it to be a great piece of kit. The size is the reason I bought it...never wanted the full-size version, far too bulky to lug around all over the place.

Malc
9 Jan 2013 9:56PM
I have an Archos 80 G9 and it's just the right size to pack in my camera backpack for my holidays.
My son gave me his Huewei E586 "3" portable modem so I can get on the internet while in North Wales.
Last year I bought a couple of Micro SDs plus adaptors for my camera, so I was set up and can load my pics easily onto the tablet and upload them to the net.
The archos has a mini usb hence the adaptor.
cats_123 e2
9 Jan 2013 10:16PM

Quote:I have an Archos 80 G9 and it's just the right size to pack in my camera backpack for my holidays.
My son gave me his Huewei E586 "3" portable modem so I can get on the internet while in North Wales.
Last year I bought a couple of Micro SDs plus adaptors for my camera, so I was set up and can load my pics easily onto the tablet and upload them to the net.
The archos has a mini usb hence the adaptor.

Mines a Zenithink 10.1". Micro SDs are my next purchase so that I can use them in camera and view my images whilst I'm away. Have had a netbook for about 3yrs, but it now feels heavy to lug around...so this tablet is about 1/3rd of the weight, works faster too GrinGrinGrin. Mine's 3G supportable (built in wi-fi - hich is great because we have BT infinity at home). Have been using a Vodafone dongle up til now, but they only work in UK (well they do work in Europe but the roaming charges are so extortionate!!!!
cats_123 e2
9 Jan 2013 10:17PM

Quote:Get the night sky app, point your tablet at the sky and it shows you the constellations and planets.
Spooky.

wow...am off to New Zealand soon, so should get some clear skies...that will be a great App to have GrinGrin
9 Jan 2013 10:35PM

Quote:

Mines a Zenithink 10.1". Micro SDs are my next purchase so that I can use them in camera and view my images whilst I'm away. Have had a netbook for about 3yrs, but it now feels heavy to lug around...so this tablet is about 1/3rd of the weight, works faster too GrinGrinGrin. Mine's 3G supportable (built in wi-fi - hich is great because we have BT infinity at home). Have been using a Vodafone dongle up til now, but they only work in UK (well they do work in Europe but the roaming charges are so extortionate!!!!

Try www.7dayshop.com for your SD cards. Really good prices and free postage.
cats_123 e2
10 Jan 2013 6:35AM

Quote:Try www.7dayshop.com for your SD cards. Really good prices and free postage.
..thx...as it happens have just ordered an 8Gb card from them - have used them in the past GrinGrin
10 Jan 2013 9:20AM
Brilliant firm, aren.t they?Grin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.