Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Web Sharpening

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

bfgstew
bfgstew  7668 forum posts England105 Constructive Critique Points
11 Feb 2011 - 5:27 PM

Thank you fot that Swwils, much more informative and constructive.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 Feb 2011 - 5:27 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

BarrieNeilPhotography

I think you need to replace your comma with a stop Wink

CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87271 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
11 Feb 2011 - 6:00 PM

Quote: Or you can just do smart sharpen at 100%/0.5 and get exactly the same result.

Is that set to Luminosity mode. ???..If so I have used that before but found for portraits its a bit too strong.

Would be interested to hear what sharpening methods others use for portraits.

Having a nice holiday Barrie...all over tan???

Last Modified By CathyT at 11 Feb 2011 - 6:02 PM
BarrieNeilPhotography

Quote:

Having a nice holiday Barrie...all over tan???

Already have one as it happens Wink but might not be topping it up after the sunburn last time (I know I know.... too much information Grin)

CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87271 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
11 Feb 2011 - 6:10 PM

Are you on the windy side??

BarrieNeilPhotography

That's a bit personal Grin Grin Grin

If you mean Gran Canaria, no. The Airport area and North can be breezier but the south around Maspalomas and Playa del Ingles is not as breezy and considerably hotter than the north (yet strangely, they always quote the temperatures in Las Palmas - the island capital). It's been around 25 to 27 in the last few days.

Apologies for going way off topic Smile

Last Modified By BarrieNeilPhotography at 11 Feb 2011 - 6:13 PM
CathyT
11 Feb 2011 - 6:13 PM

I was told there was a windy side today....Tongue

User_Removed
11 Feb 2011 - 6:14 PM

lol!Grin

CathyT
11 Feb 2011 - 6:24 PM

I think I could do with some sun...can you recommend a Hotel Barrie....something quiet.I.m more 'Sun, Sea and Sausage Rolls.'....my clubbing days are over.

BarrieNeilPhotography

Sent you a FB message Smile

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318433 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
11 Feb 2011 - 6:27 PM

Thanks for the sharpening suggestion Paul, and Sam. It would be really interesting to see both tried side by side to see of there is any difference with our before and after feature you could then flick back and forth to see what happens. I know Paul's uploads of late have been outstanding so I know his method works. And I know Sam's a really knowledgeable guy - if still a little/lot (delete as appropriate) arrogant. So which one is best.

There's only one way to find out...

CathyT
11 Feb 2011 - 6:27 PM

Thanks Barrie...reading it now....sorry for the hijack lol

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318433 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
11 Feb 2011 - 6:28 PM

Quote: sorry for the hijack lol

We've banned people for less Wink

arhb
arhb e2 Member 72144 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom67 Constructive Critique Points
11 Feb 2011 - 8:33 PM

Whilst I use HP sharpening for various processes, with regard to portraits, I have not considered it for web preparation.
After resizing for web, I normally use a low amount of usm, or the Photokit Sharpener plug-in, which allows localised sharpening.
It's always good to read about new ways for sharpening - moreso when the process works with certain disciplines more than others, so I appreciate Paul taking the time to share his processing techniques, and for mentioning some of the different uses.

gaelldew
gaelldew  7267 forum posts United Kingdom
12 Feb 2011 - 12:11 PM

Interesting post, but I do the majority of my sharpening in Camera raw with possibly a little USM in Photoshop after, which is the best way?

Last Modified By gaelldew at 12 Feb 2011 - 12:11 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.