Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Website a bit slow?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Aug 2003 - 12:06 AM

This site seems to have slowed down significantly since I joined it a few months ago. Noticeable even though I am on broadband.

Anyone else noticed?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    25 Aug 2003 - 12:06 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Will
    Will  131788 forum posts United Kingdom
    25 Aug 2003 - 12:11 AM

Not noticed myself and i'm on here a lot. Wink

Andy80F
    Andy80F e2 Member 11307 forum postsAndy80F vcard United Kingdom
    25 Aug 2003 - 12:38 AM

The site seems as brisk as any other time. I have noticed the broadband does suffer a bit at times, when you would expect high volume, and suspect the local exchange (or whatever the broadband equivalent is) is showing the effects of other users sharing the local system.

naturenut
    naturenut  111801 forum posts England
    25 Aug 2003 - 7:17 AM

No problems to report from me, I'm on broadband too Smile

glencliffe
    glencliffe  11 United Kingdom
    25 Aug 2003 - 8:31 AM

I have seen a significant slow down in the initial loading of the home page over the last couple of weeks, in particular the pics,I'm also on broadband.

brian1208
    brian1208 e2 Member 1110366 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Aug 2003 - 8:38 AM

Even on broadband you will find that the time of day has an effect, too many other users will hog bandwidth and slow transmission. Apart from that effect, I have seen no slowing of the site.

rvanr
    rvanr  1136 forum posts United Kingdom
    25 Aug 2003 - 8:55 AM

I work in IT and know that identifying bottlenecks when the Internet is involved is very very difficult. There are so many factors that have an influence: number of people on your ADSL card in the exchange, number of people using your ISP, router performance of all routers in between, the route taken for your connection, virusses and spam flying around on the Internet, server performance at photozine, to name a few. My connection at the moment takes 23 steps to reach homer (that's the name of the ephotozine server) and goes from the UK via Germany and the Netherlands back to the UK.

Will: at my work we use easynet, like your hosting company, and are generally happy with them. They are always willing to investigate if you think there is a problem.

Getting ADSL on Wednesday, hooray.

absurd
    absurd  12228 forum posts United Kingdom
    25 Aug 2003 - 10:30 AM

I think you'll find that the major slowdowns over the last fortnight are largely down to the latest crop of viruses and providers efforts to overcome them. The number of messages being created by the infections is mind boggling.

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Aug 2003 - 11:40 AM

I don't think it's a general broadband problem. Most sites I visit are as fast (or slow) as they normally are.

It's nothing new either - just a gradual slowdown over the last few weeks.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.