Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Website Building !!!

Phlodge 8 18
6 Aug 2012 2:56PM
Hi there.

I am looking to create a website and my Foliopic account is up for renewal, so looking at the options.

I have been directed to the following ..

Foliopic, I feel the templates could do with a bit more creativity and livening up. Certainly doesnt look to have many new ones added in the past 12 months. Maybe its me looking with my eyes shut, but a freshen up wouldnt go un noticed.

Smugmug, they dont appear to allow print ordering in the UK unless you go for a higher priced package, and even then its expensive. The templates look nice though and the customization options look fairly broad.

Clikpic, I like, but its complicated and not easy to navigate the customisation options. I find it difficult to understand whats the custom fields refer too.

Zenfolio, seems to be my preferred option at the moment. Templates are good, price is right and the customization process seems to be easier than Clikpic. Prints from the UK.

I would love to be able to design my own using Wordpress, Dreamweaver or other tools of the job, I can get the software easily enough via work. But I dont really have the time, let alone the skill.

Anyway, I guess I am after some input, suggestions and direction from other peoples experiences.

As always, thanks for the help.

Phil.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul_Anthony 2 386 4 Wales
6 Aug 2012 3:09PM
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
6 Aug 2012 3:14PM

Quote:Foliopic, I feel the templates could do with a bit more creativity and livening up

Send a link to a style you are after and the guys may be able to create something in a similar vein
puertouk 3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
6 Aug 2012 4:46PM
Why not go for a normal web site?
Phlodge 8 18
6 Aug 2012 4:49PM
Not sure what you mean puertouk, by a normal website

Thanks
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
6 Aug 2012 5:17PM
Don't discount Joomla and Wordpress

They're not dedicated photography frameworks, but there are many many photography "themes" available.
Phlodge 8 18
6 Aug 2012 5:30PM
Not that familiar with wordpress but looks to me like something requiring more skills than I have
Hence looking at the world of ready made templates
I will certainly look into Wordpress though as its not the first time the name has come up

Thanks
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
6 Aug 2012 5:57PM
It's free.....

got to be a bonus Wink
ray1 10 541 1 England
6 Aug 2012 7:27PM
It would be wordpress for me and there are some great themes available. Its not too difficult to learn the basics and there are no annual fees except yout hosting plan.
779HOB 2 1.1k United Kingdom
6 Aug 2012 7:37PM
I use Photium and Wordpress like them both a lot.
dcash29 9 2.0k England
6 Aug 2012 11:43PM
Anyone tried webplus x5

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.