Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Website Design / Hosting Question

20 Aug 2009 10:31PM
Hi Folks,

I am trying to build a website for a friend who has her own business, and want it to have the same kind of setup as photium - i.e. easy to setup, change and maintain, so that I can set it up and she can maintain it herself. It isnt a photography website, so doesnt need to have galleries etc. I have tried photium, but it doesnt seem to be working very well, as its more geared towards toggers, and dont really want to start learning dreamweaver or such as its a favour and probably a one off.

Question is, does anyone know of a site similar to photium who can host and that has templates, but not photography based. Have tried googling it, but you get a million and one results and its quite similar on the forum search here on epz, too many results to filter through.

She has a basic site now, so even some simple templates would probably work, as I could ftp the finished site to her current web host.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance
Mark

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

stuwhitt 10 1.4k United Kingdom
20 Aug 2009 11:10PM
Wordpress is probably the way to go, plenty of free templates and plugins and a breeze to use

HTH
StuSmile
20 Aug 2009 11:16PM
http://www.mrsite.com/

seems to be one of the bog standard options i see folk go for of late.

http://wordpress.org/

failing that look into wordpress for publishing her up a page, its meant for blogs but a ton of the templates i've saw out there for it suit a gazillion website needs.
(ahh someone beat me to it)

hope that helps abit.
20 Aug 2009 11:30PM
Thank you very much Stu and Johnny, will take a look at these and will let you know how I get on Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.