Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Website feedback requested

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Campervanman
    Campervanman e2 Member 6711 forum postsCampervanman vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Jan 2013 - 7:44 PM

I'd appreciate some feedback on my new website. General layout and design etc, although I realise personal tastes will differ. Anything I should add (more photos will be added in time) or remove. One is thing is a friend said he couldn't get the the photos to enlarge but it works for me OK, does it for you? Many thanks if you take the time to look. www.scenicuk.com

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    2 Jan 2013 - 7:44 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MG1964
    MG1964  3 England
    2 Jan 2013 - 8:30 PM

Lovely photos, I especially liked the seals.

I had no problem enlarging the ones I tried. The only thing I noticed was a tiny spelling mistake on the first page ..

"I've been interested in photography for has long as I can remember",

'has' should be 'as'.

I know this isn't a design thing, but hope its helpful anyway Smile

Jestertheclown

Also, something hasn't worked with the justification of the last two lines of text on that page.
    In fact, I'd be inclined to fully justify the whole of the text rather than ranging it to the left. Just leave the heading to one side.

Last Modified By Jestertheclown at 2 Jan 2013 - 9:13 PM
    lemmy
    lemmy  71774 forum posts United Kingdom
    2 Jan 2013 - 10:25 PM

Nice design and navigation, straightforward and logical. The only thing I would change would be the type colour which makes it look a tiny bit old fashioned (which it isn't).

It's so tempting to go for a fancy design and bells and whistles on a web site because you can but you've avoided that and allowed your work to shine.

I'd go for dark greys for the font-color personally but aside from that, very impressive.

Campervanman
    Campervanman e2 Member 6711 forum postsCampervanman vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Jan 2013 - 10:53 PM

Thanks for pointing those items out. Another pair of eyes always spots something. Surprised I missed the spelling mistake, I get irritated by so many using there in place of their for example.

I'll try another font colour sometime but for now I want to concentrate on getting more areas covered.

Thanks very much for the feedback, much appreciated.

AlexandraSD
    3 Jan 2013 - 12:39 AM

Bravo, even your less obvious choice of font colour works well, it is certainly eye catching and is in no way lost in the page and blending into the background like other less obvious colour choice's. The photography is lovely, Norfolk especially so, those of the Snettisham nature reserve are stupendous, have seen many a good sunset at Snettisham but always curse when the tide is in, why did i never head to those pits on those occasions? I will next time Smile

Great website, fab images, top marks!

versa310
    versa310  3310 forum posts United Kingdom
    3 Jan 2013 - 7:59 AM

Good site. Nice and clean, and no clutter!

puertouk
    puertouk  21057 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Jan 2013 - 10:24 AM

As lemmy says, change the type colour

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.