Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Websites? Error on page Icon?

Lucian e2
4 561
8 Jul 2012 7:35PM
Every so often i get a yellow (error on page)icon on the bottom left hand side of my monitor when i open certain web pages. Can any one explain why this is? I am in the process of trying to order some photos from ds colour labs and after i input my payment details and it says it is processing my transaction with the bank the page goes blank and i get the error on page icon. What it should do is upload my photos to be ordered after the transaction is authorised. Can anyone tell me what could be wrong?

Thanks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pulsar69 10 1.6k 6 United Kingdom
8 Jul 2012 11:47PM
You need to convert it to black and white that way you wont see the little yellow triangle anymore.
Carrera_c e2
5 271 3 United Kingdom
9 Jul 2012 1:08PM
Its nothing you're doing wrong, some browsers are incompatible with some sites and you'll get errors. Mainly just down to poor website design not taking all browsers into account.

I'm assuming that you're using Internet Explorer, which usually I would expect to work as it's one of the most common, but I would try using Firefox or another browser and see if you get any further.
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
9 Jul 2012 2:31PM

Quote:You need to convert it to black and white that way you wont see the little yellow triangle anymore.

If it works with red-eye, I don't see why it wouldn't work with yellow triangles.

Good Lucianesque suggestion, Pulsar.

Wink
JackAllTog e2
5 4.0k 58 United Kingdom
9 Jul 2012 4:24PM
It often indicates a javascript error, hover you mouse over it and it might confirm this.
Your PC may need a windows update, or a java update, or as above the browser may be incompatible though Firefox, IE, Chrome all should be fine with most sites.

However you may also have spyware and or viruses so make sure you know you are clean.
Also phone up the comapny to make sure you haven't ordered the same thing twice and the page crashed after taking your order, not before.

Do a general PC clean up and you should be fine.

Stuart
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
9 Jul 2012 5:34PM

Quote:

Do a general PC clean up and you should be fine.

..but take care when using a wire brush on the motherboard.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.