Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Wedding Band tunes

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014748 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
26 Apr 2010 - 10:37 AM

A bit leftfield for a photography website, but I'm in a band as well as photographing weddings, so am pondering combining the 2.

I'm just trying to think of tunes that I've heard wedding bands play, we don't really do much slow stuff (Did "Don't want' to miss a thing" by Aerosmith last year) so probably need a few of those.

the second set is "funky" so we're covered there I think... bit of James Brown and stuff from the Full Monty etc.

So what tunes have you seen at weddings or would you like to see (and metalers, we're not going to start doing any Napalm Death Smile )

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
26 Apr 2010 - 10:37 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jalapeno
Jalapeno  4127 forum posts Iceland2 Constructive Critique Points
26 Apr 2010 - 11:01 AM

Hmm.....depends on what you can sing I think....what you like to sing and what you want to sing.....

More SLOWER rock/metal type.....without the Napalm Death..but does have some ROCK in it...

Three Doors Down (Here Without You..)

Big Wreck (That Song)

Nickleback (too many to list lol)

Creed (Arms Wide Open)

LIVE

Radiohead (Creep)

Trapt (Blackrose...)

Guns N Roses (Novemeber Rain...)

Boston (more than a feeling)

Have a look at this..i just found it:

Sample Playlist

Jalapeno
26 Apr 2010 - 11:10 AM

and this...

Slow Songs??

Metalhead
Metalhead  61866 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
26 Apr 2010 - 11:29 AM

Have you seen the video for November Rain? It starts with a wedding and ends with a funeral! A bit gloomy for a wedding song...

How about some Napalm.... Oh, you've dismissed that one...

OK, seriously, maybe Poison's "Every Rose Has Its Thorn". Not sure lyrically how it would fit in.

There's possibly loads of great soft Rock anthems that could be used. Stciking with Guns n Roses, how about "Sweet Child O' Mine"? We had that at ours, and our first dance to Skid Row's "I Remember You".

But we also had Arch Enemy's "Nemesis". Growly Metal stuff.

I'll have another think and come back later on this one...

ade_mcfade
26 Apr 2010 - 11:38 AM

Hmmm - soft rock/metal to us is a little like garlic bathed in holy water to a vampire Wink

We loathed the Aerosmith song and have never played it since...

You reckon people actually want that kinda thing at their weddings then?

Our best song for getting people going is...

"Higher and Higher" by Jackie Wilson

You just get people running up for a boogie to that. Amazing, it's pretty much a 1-chord song, just in "D" with a bit of G and Em stuck in there.

Jalapeno
26 Apr 2010 - 11:43 AM

Quote: Have you seen the video for November Rain? It starts with a wedding and ends with a funeral! A bit gloomy for a wedding song...

yes..i have seen the video...and its quite appropriate song for a wedding isnt it? lol

Its no more gloomy than Ill remember you" by skid row....watch the video of the man on the street burning the old pictures of the love he once HAD lol

so....... next? Smile

Metalhead
26 Apr 2010 - 11:46 AM

Quote: You reckon people actually want that kinda thing at their weddings then?

Not sure it's everyone's cuppa tea. From the sounds of things, your band doesn't really do the soft rock thing so it's probably not worth you trying to play stuff like that if you're not comfortable with it as a band.

But if you're playing Higher and Higher, imagine the reaction if at the end you suddenly burst into the opening riff of Sweet Child! Everyone recognises that one, it would be brilliant!

I hijacked my brother's very plain and ordinary wedding and got Iron Maiden's Run To The Hills played (followed by 4 other Rock tracks), and I got a lot of thanks from the other guests! (Sis-in-law hasn't spoken to me since though! Wink ) Livened things up a bit.

Oh, and don't forget the big hat, ciggy stuck to your lip, and big leather boot on the monitor for maximum effect!

Metalhead
26 Apr 2010 - 11:48 AM

Quote: Its no more gloomy than Ill remember you" by skid row....watch the video of the man on the street burning the old pictures of the love he once HAD lol

Wasn't having a dig at your choice of November Rain. Great song whatever the context, same as the Skid Row track. We took it more to say that we remembered the old loves in our lives but this is the one, the new one and final one!

And what a way to have a first dance/mosh!

Jalapeno
26 Apr 2010 - 11:54 AM

LOL i am just teasing you anyhow....

I was only looking for songs that were similar to the OPs comment about AEROSMITH!! So i posted that type of song.......cuz he said he wanted a few like it?

I say..ask the bride and groom, get their list then add your own to compliment it.

so many great songs...... Smile If it was my wedding band, I would want you to play "the animals", "rage against the machine" , "ozzy" and something for the old dudes there Smile

AlanPerkins
26 Apr 2010 - 12:03 PM

couple to avoid:

Please release me
Who's sorry now?

Wink

JamesBurns
26 Apr 2010 - 12:04 PM

The other season I heard "Rule the World" by Take That more times than I care to mention. I'm also surprised by the number of people who have Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol, despite it being miserable as ****.

As well as the "funky" stuff, have you considered any big band/rat pack? I know you don't have a full brass section, but surely that fancy-schmancy keyboard of yours could chuck out something along those lines? Wink

Last Modified By JamesBurns at 26 Apr 2010 - 12:06 PM
Metalhead
26 Apr 2010 - 12:06 PM

I'm actually having trouble thinking of Rock ballads that your average wedding guest would know!

I've got loads of great ballads from heavy bands (they do write the best ballads, believe it or not!) but you'd have to be a Metal fan to have even heard of half of them...

Have a Google for "Forever" by Edguy, or "4000 Rainy Nights" by Stratovarius. Fantastic songs, but you'll never play them 'cause no-one will ever know them!

ade_mcfade
26 Apr 2010 - 12:40 PM

big band would be fun - though knowing the band members, probably a no-go.

could do a duet with the singer, he'd be up for it but the rest... no chance.

I could look up midi files and use those as a basis for the tunes on the Triton I guess!

Always the problem with bands - too many view points!

We do a Killers tune - I'm always up for more of that as they do some nice keyboard parts

john64
john64 e2 Member 9824 forum postsjohn64 vcard England
26 Apr 2010 - 1:07 PM

Best avoid a certain Tammy Wynette number, eh? (It begins with a D I think) Wink

ade_mcfade
26 Apr 2010 - 1:23 PM

I was expecting people to menion sloppy stuff like Angels by Robbie, though that's more of a funeral song these days!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.