Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Wedding Band tunes

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Metalhead
Metalhead  61864 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
26 Apr 2010 - 2:25 PM

What about Bon Jovi's "Always"? Is that soppy enough and just on the limit of still being classed as Rock?

In fact, anything Bon Jovi post-'88 when he lost the ability to write decent Rock songs! Grin

Everything that has made it to the charts has been fairly soppy from him, so might be worth trying some of his last few releases.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
26 Apr 2010 - 2:25 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014722 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
26 Apr 2010 - 3:16 PM

I know the singer could really do that justice - we did do You Give Love a Bad Name for ages, seems to have been dropped, but he really belted that tune out very well.

Chant57
Chant57 e2 Member 8371 forum postsChant57 vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
26 Apr 2010 - 3:31 PM

Everything by Lifehouse. Fabulous words, ideal for a wedding, starts off slow then builds as it goes along

dont know if you could adapt the song Angel by My Life Story ( my daughter chose to walk down the aisle to that, well I say aisle it was actually a hawaiin beach). Do NOT confuse with Angels by Mr Williams, its nothing like it!!

ade_mcfade
26 Apr 2010 - 4:00 PM

When I do weddings on my own, just solo piano (done 4 - not a huge business thing!), I tended to work through my Burt Bacherach, Beatles and Billy Joel books - seemed to do the trick!

Metalhead
26 Apr 2010 - 4:10 PM

You want to try Le Onde by Ludovico Einaudi then... Gorgeous tune on a piano.

Picture_Newport

As far as a whole set goes, i would go for the old ones that everybody knows... Hotel California, stuff by sting & the police and the like. Chuck a few modern up beat ones, maybe some Zutons, Valerie, the Chilli Peppers.

The first dance is the difficult one, Aerosmith, Robbie, Leona Lewis will always be popular, Something more recent which has really nice lyrics is Feel My Love by Adele, may need to jazz the music up a little though.

ade_mcfade
27 Apr 2010 - 9:22 AM

the couple tend to choose the first song... which means we have to learn something truly awful Wink

That Aerosmith song... jesus, that was painful.

Did a good job though - a lot of people thought it was the record!

Did the movie version, so my lovely orchestral orchestral intro suckered them in!

We do 80's stuff like Reward, Town Called Malice etc., 90's Ocean Colour Scene and Noughties... well killers and Orsen.. and stuff from the 70's and 60's too. Good range there.

keep getting asked to do Mustang Sally - which is the musical equivalent of watching paint dry or seeing david Cameron say the word "CHANGE" again Smile

ade_mcfade
27 Apr 2010 - 9:24 AM

To be honest, you always want to shine in a band so I go for piano based stuff if possible. I love to do tunes biy Billy Joel, Elton John, Super Tramp, Ben Folds etc. as they use piano as the lead instrument.

Try getting that past the rest of the band though... Sad

minicooper
27 Apr 2010 - 11:35 AM

Some ideas. Can't smile without you, just called to say I love. The Lady In Red, Always a woman to me.The Power Of Love, Close to you. In your eyes, Wink

Metalhead
27 Apr 2010 - 2:07 PM

Bryan Adams is on the radio at the moment... How's about his "Everything I Do" hit from a few years back? Got a hint of piano in there somewhere...

It will probably fall into the same cringeworthy category as the Aerosmith song though. Smile

Most of Bryan Adams stuff does actually...

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.