Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Wedding Photographer being Sued!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

lemmy
lemmy  71847 forum posts United Kingdom
24 Apr 2013 - 1:50 PM

[quote]How this ever made the news in a national news paper I don't know/quote]

Because the The Sun knows what interests its readers much better then you do Tongue

Actually, the more I read about wedding photography and photographers in this forum the more back-biting and seedy it seems as a business.

Looks to me as if ade_mcfade has made a sound decision by keeping out of it. If the business isnít cleaned up wedding photographers will be regarded much as used car salesman are.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
24 Apr 2013 - 1:50 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1022925 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
24 Apr 2013 - 2:23 PM

Quote: Because the The Sun knows what interests its readers much better then you do

Oh yeah...wonder how read it was

lemmy
24 Apr 2013 - 5:11 PM

Quote: Oh yeah...wonder how read it was

I thought you were saying you didn't find it interesting. What you mean actually is that you know the Sun's readership better than they do and because you didn't find it interesting, they didn't either then?

I don't normally see the Sun but I thought a story about a professional photographer booked to cover a couple's wedding and who actually cut their heads off in the pix, the classic novice's mistake, was a cracker. Funny but sad at the same time. Several similar stories have been on Radio 4 and Anne Robinson's show on TV (different photographers, of course), so my guess would be that people do find them interesting and readable.

hobbs
hobbs  101222 forum posts United Kingdom
24 Apr 2013 - 5:31 PM

Quote: How this ever made the news in a national news paper I don't know - clearly HotSpot Media have a good sales team.

No one's phone left to be hacked, so they've got to fill the space with something. Wink

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1022925 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
24 Apr 2013 - 6:03 PM

I do not claim to know the Suns readership better than they do but I am as capable as anybody else to see when they had space to fill and chose banality.

lemmy
24 Apr 2013 - 6:35 PM

Quote: I am as capable as anybody else to see when they had space to fill and chose banality

Well I found it an interesting story and that's why I'm following this thread. There's 4 pages of this so I am not alone.

A professional wedding photographer who is so incompetent that he even makes the schoolboy mistake of cutting off people's heads in his pictures, whose work is so bad that the couple are suing him - if that is banal (definition: commonplace, trivial) then I fear for the entire business of wedding photography. If his standards are commonplace and not worth remarking on my best advice to a young couple getting married would be to get their nan to buy a point and shoot and let her do it.

Couldn't be worse results - and a lot cheaper.

keithh
24 Apr 2013 - 6:55 PM

She cut their heads off. He is a she. You skipped the story. Wink

lemmy
24 Apr 2013 - 7:01 PM

Quote: She cut their heads off. He is a she. You skipped the story

Nonsense. I just didn't want to be sexist Smile

keithh
24 Apr 2013 - 7:07 PM

Sexist would be to infer that she would have been better supplying the wedding cake.

muzzeyman
muzzeyman  10293 forum posts United Kingdom
24 Apr 2013 - 7:16 PM

Or Wedding dress or shoes or chair covers..........I'll get me coat!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315244 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
24 Apr 2013 - 7:55 PM

I`m trying to get out of doing a family wedding, do you think that photographer would mind if I borrowed some of her pictures Smile

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014794 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
24 Apr 2013 - 7:58 PM

Lensbaby Paul.... every shot

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315244 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
24 Apr 2013 - 8:03 PM

Nah I`ve already done that Smile

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014794 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
24 Apr 2013 - 8:27 PM

but the wedding's not happened..... yet.... are you a timelord?
Wink

Paul Morgan
24 Apr 2013 - 10:29 PM

I`ve used lensbabys in the past.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.