Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Wedding Photographer being Sued!

lemmy e2
7 2.0k United Kingdom
24 Apr 2013 1:50PM

Quote:How this ever made the news in a national news paper I don't know/quote]

Because the The Sun knows what interests its readers much better then you do Tongue

Actually, the more I read about wedding photography and photographers in this forum the more back-biting and seedy it seems as a business.

Looks to me as if ade_mcfade has made a sound decision by keeping out of it. If the business isnít cleaned up wedding photographers will be regarded much as used car salesman are.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
24 Apr 2013 2:23PM

Quote:Because the The Sun knows what interests its readers much better then you do

Oh yeah...wonder how read it was
lemmy e2
7 2.0k United Kingdom
24 Apr 2013 5:11PM

Quote:Oh yeah...wonder how read it was

I thought you were saying you didn't find it interesting. What you mean actually is that you know the Sun's readership better than they do and because you didn't find it interesting, they didn't either then?

I don't normally see the Sun but I thought a story about a professional photographer booked to cover a couple's wedding and who actually cut their heads off in the pix, the classic novice's mistake, was a cracker. Funny but sad at the same time. Several similar stories have been on Radio 4 and Anne Robinson's show on TV (different photographers, of course), so my guess would be that people do find them interesting and readable.
hobbs e2
10 1.2k United Kingdom
24 Apr 2013 5:31PM

Quote:How this ever made the news in a national news paper I don't know - clearly HotSpot Media have a good sales team.

No one's phone left to be hacked, so they've got to fill the space with something. Wink
keithh e2
24 Apr 2013 6:03PM
I do not claim to know the Suns readership better than they do but I am as capable as anybody else to see when they had space to fill and chose banality.
lemmy e2
7 2.0k United Kingdom
24 Apr 2013 6:35PM

Quote:I am as capable as anybody else to see when they had space to fill and chose banality

Well I found it an interesting story and that's why I'm following this thread. There's 4 pages of this so I am not alone.

A professional wedding photographer who is so incompetent that he even makes the schoolboy mistake of cutting off people's heads in his pictures, whose work is so bad that the couple are suing him - if that is banal (definition: commonplace, trivial) then I fear for the entire business of wedding photography. If his standards are commonplace and not worth remarking on my best advice to a young couple getting married would be to get their nan to buy a point and shoot and let her do it.

Couldn't be worse results - and a lot cheaper.
keithh e2
24 Apr 2013 6:55PM
She cut their heads off. He is a she. You skipped the story. Wink
lemmy e2
7 2.0k United Kingdom
24 Apr 2013 7:01PM

Quote:She cut their heads off. He is a she. You skipped the story

Nonsense. I just didn't want to be sexist Smile
keithh e2
24 Apr 2013 7:07PM
Sexist would be to infer that she would have been better supplying the wedding cake.
muzzeyman e2
11 293 United Kingdom
24 Apr 2013 7:16PM
Or Wedding dress or shoes or chair covers..........I'll get me coat!
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
24 Apr 2013 7:55PM
I`m trying to get out of doing a family wedding, do you think that photographer would mind if I borrowed some of her pictures Smile
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
24 Apr 2013 7:58PM
Lensbaby Paul.... every shot
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
24 Apr 2013 8:03PM
Nah I`ve already done that Smile
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
24 Apr 2013 8:27PM
but the wedding's not happened..... yet.... are you a timelord?
Wink
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
24 Apr 2013 10:29PM
I`ve used lensbabys in the past.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.