Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Wedding Photographer being Sued!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

KevSB
KevSB  101407 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
24 Apr 2013 - 11:34 PM

One thing that Concern's me, I've only done one wedding, about to do a second reluctantly(long story and last time), I'm the first to admit that I don't have the confidence, Desire or skills to do weddings, but If I had taken the original images I would not even have given them the couple(Heads chopped off) as I would be totally embarrassed by that shot. And I am pretty sure most wouldn't either.
Giving them that shot alone would open you up so does anyone else think this could be a set up!. It does not ring true.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
24 Apr 2013 - 11:34 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315334 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
24 Apr 2013 - 11:38 PM

Yeh it does sound a bit strange Smile

thewilliam
25 Apr 2013 - 12:28 AM

One report suggested that the customer had been given all images, unedited, on a disk.

If you looked at the out-takes from one of my wedding shoots, you would probably have discovered some that were even worse. One very good reason for never letting a customer have all the images.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315334 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
25 Apr 2013 - 12:32 AM

LOl I bet the paper picked out the worst Smile

Paul Morgan
25 Apr 2013 - 12:33 AM

Back in the film days you could not afford to make too many mistakes.

pulsar69
pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
25 Apr 2013 - 1:01 AM

I'm a full time wedding photographer and cant decide either whether this is a fake media stunt by another clever marketing agency, or a completely incompetent photographer. Either way the more this type of thing is promoted the better for our industry as people will hopefully take a little more care with their booking.

Just today on a regular jaunt through Google for the competition I came across another new wedding tog, and no word of a lie the photos in their gallery are worse than that, and all hidden behind the charade of 'reportage' ie a crap photographer who will just catch stuff from a distance and turn it to black and white and it will then be called art ...

There are some absolutely appalling wedding photographers in the market at the moment, but that in itself is good for those of us who take our profession seriously and is not something to be concerned with.

Paul Morgan
25 Apr 2013 - 1:05 AM

How are you finding the market these days, it must be getting pretty competitive.

pulsar69
pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
25 Apr 2013 - 1:25 AM

Its VERY competitive, but i am sure in these times that's much the same for most industries as everyone is feeling the pinch and trying to get the best value for money. However thankfully there are still a base of clients out there that understand the benefit of having professional experienced photographers to record their day, and although some may disagree i think we still provide good value for money too with the amount of time and effort that we put in.

To put it in perspective there is not a week goes by without another new regional wedding photographer appearing on google and I believe from my own estimations and research that their are around 300 practicing wedding photographers in the North East and maybe double or triple that again in amateurs who book weddings. Given to remain full time takes around 40-50 weddings a year those figures are a real eye opener as in 2010 there were approx 240,000 weddings in the whole of the UK - extrapolate that down to the north east and its maybe 10,000 weddings or less leaving a handful of weddings for each photographer.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.