Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Wedding photographer needed

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

jimbo_t
jimbo_t  11959 forum posts England
5 Jul 2004 - 10:08 PM

A friend at work is bridesmaid and fellow organiser at a wedding in september. The bride is getting married for the 3rd time and does not want a pro photographer, just wants someone to take some nice images for a fee less than the quotes of 1000 minimum she has been getting. She is keen on getting hold of some digital photos apparentely. The wedding is taking place in pretty surroundings in North Herts. I told her amatuer photographer magazine classifieds would be a good idea as would asking around at regional colleges running photography courses, at the end of the day its good experience and will earn someone a nice amount of cash in hand. Any other ideas people?
I'd have a go myself but don't have the quality of camera or the guts!!!
Jim

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
5 Jul 2004 - 10:08 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jul 2004 - 12:21 AM

As your friend is presumably prepared to pay something, why not borrow/hire a pro-grade camera for a day and have a go yourself?

If you get it wrong you can always make it up to her by doing her 4th wedding really well......

.......(joke)

:o)

jimbo_t
jimbo_t  11959 forum posts England
6 Jul 2004 - 9:52 AM

Thats not a bad idea but I think the weding also clashes with me going on holiday, If I wasn't I'd be tempted!
Jim

User_Removed
6 Jul 2004 - 10:04 AM

I'm thinking of starting a "buy two get one free" service Wink

keithh
keithh  1022775 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jul 2004 - 10:32 AM

You'd go out of business Barrie.

timbo
timbo  11591 forum posts United Kingdom
6 Jul 2004 - 12:04 PM

I bet she does want to get hold of some digital photos so theres no re print costs!

If the price of 1000 is what she's being quoted then she's probably looking at photographers doing more modern, reportage,style coverage and the standard she wants is priced accordingly.

It's the old story of getting what you pay for. If she want's it done on the cheap then she may be disappointed with the results.

timbo
6 Jul 2004 - 12:05 PM

I bet she does want to get hold of some digital photos so theres no re print costs!

If the price of 1000 is what she's being quoted then she's probably looking at photographers doing more modern, reportage,style coverage and the standard she wants is priced accordingly.

It's the old story of getting what you pay for. If she want's it done on the cheap then she may be disappointed with the results.

timbo
6 Jul 2004 - 12:05 PM

bppowell
bppowell  122124 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jul 2004 - 2:14 PM

Your starting to repeat yourselfSmile

Barry

UserRemoved
6 Jul 2004 - 2:17 PM

Thats probably one message for each of the weddings.

Tell her I'll shoot it for her for 25 and a cooked breakfast.

Only problem is that will they all fit round my hospital bed? Although all the pics may look a bit samey. Still what do you expect for 25 Wink

Well I'm away for a well earned rest. I'll save all the pain and vitriol of the upcoming 6-8 weeks for critiques when I get back Wink

User_Removed
6 Jul 2004 - 2:20 PM

Great theme for a photo essay Joe.

"Life under the NHS"

or... "Bedpan Alley"

or... "Are you sure that's a thermometer and should it really go there"

or....

UserRemoved
6 Jul 2004 - 2:35 PM

Nothing scares me more Barrie than 6 to 8 weeks helpless in hospital.....

....with my mother off on leave to 'look after me'

bet they are all male nurses as well

User_Removed
6 Jul 2004 - 2:37 PM

Sounds better and better Wink

Get well soon!

sabretalon
sabretalon  101918 forum posts United Kingdom
6 Jul 2004 - 2:42 PM

I can't believe that someone has posted a request and all people have done is take the p*&%%

There is obviously scope here for some photographers whom have little experience in photographing weddings.

Just because you have "been there and done that", others may not have and do require the experience other than their courses.

I thought you were all experienced and grown up enough to offer real advice.

As to reprints, how many actually come back for reprints? And it is the quality of your prints and presentation that bring them back not the images themselves is it not?

You all must have started somewhere? For your first few weddings would you have dreamt of charging 1000+? Or would you have done it for a reduced fee but offset that with the experience you gain?

What the client wants is what you all do is it not? So it is their choice for the style etc.. of their images.

Just dissappointed jimbot got this sort of response!

michaeldt
michaeldt  101201 forum posts
6 Jul 2004 - 3:04 PM

yeah, i agree. you really should take this seriously.

i mean, if you do a good job she'll most likely come back to you for the next one hey?

tsk, tsk, some people!!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.