Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Wedding photography

Peter23 6 23 2
25 Aug 2012 9:22AM
What equipment makes it in your bag!?

Discuss.

Pete

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

timbo 12 592 United Kingdom
25 Aug 2012 9:35AM
2xdslr, 2xspeedlight, 1x compact (last resort). prime standard lens, wide zoom, tele zoom, memory cards, cleaning cloth, blower brush, batteries, banana. tripod in the car boot. Travel light is my motto so try to keep it to a minimum.
scottishphototours 10 2.6k 2 Scotland
25 Aug 2012 9:39AM
D700 x 2
D300 & D200
24-70 x2
70-200
14-24
100-300
5 speedlights
2 quantum packs
2 tripods
Monopod
Epson P5000
Travel case with light stands, brollies etc
An assistant...!
ourdayphotos 2 229 Scotland
25 Aug 2012 9:59AM
Canon 5D MKII
Canon 45D (Backup)
Canon 24-105mm
Canon 50mmf/1.4
Canon 580EXII flash
Nissin 622i flash
Giottos Tripod
Brolly & Stand
Off camera flash sync lead
Camera batteries (for both bodies)
3 x sets of flash batteries for each
Bag & 16yr old son as assistant.
puertouk 3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
25 Aug 2012 10:10AM
I would also consider doing tethered shots, especially the important ones. They do it in the studios, so why not outside? Get yourself a longish cable and tether it between your camera and laptop. A 14/17" screen is far better than a 3" screen at the back of your camera. Any problem you see, you can take the shot again right away. I have never seen a tog do this at a wedding, why, I do not know, as it is used so much in studios
Stephen
Focus_Man 4 481 631 United Kingdom
25 Aug 2012 11:44AM

Quote:I have never seen a tog do this at a wedding,

What about the younger element? Do only TOGs do wedding pictures?
ourdayphotos 2 229 Scotland
25 Aug 2012 11:53AM

Quote:I would also consider doing tethered shots, especially the important ones. They do it in the studios, so why not outside? Get yourself a longish cable and tether it between your camera and laptop. A 14/17" screen is far better than a 3" screen at the back of your camera. Any problem you see, you can take the shot again right away. I have never seen a tog do this at a wedding, why, I do not know, as it is used so much in studios
Stephen

That could be very time consuming as the wedding party are trying to escape to the reception bar asap, it's also much more stuff to consider & carry about, wouldn't be me.
25 Aug 2012 12:54PM
Canon 1Ds mk3
Canon 5D mk2
Leica M8 with 40mm, 21mm and a 90mm lenses
Canon EF 17-40mm f4 zoom
Canon EF 24-105 f4 zoom (backup)
Canon EF 24-70 f2.8 zoom
Canon EF 50mm f2.5 macro
Canon EF 70-200 f2.8 zoom
2 Canon 580 EZ II's one is a backup
Quantum Trio great for fill in outside and never misses a beat, crap for bounce flash on camera inside, doesn't work unless you use bare bulb with a small white card behind the bulb facing forward.
2 Quantum T5d-R's
1 Quantum turbo 3 battery pack
2 Quantum turbo 2's battery packs
Sekonic L608 hand held light meter
2 stands and a couple of brolly soft boxes
17" MacBook Pro

Some of the kit is locked in the car in a couple of Autosafe strong boxes until required.
I use the 1Ds most of the time, with a couple of lenses, all depends on the venue. The M8 is used for reportage style shots that I'm being increasingly asked for. I hired a Fuji X1-Pro and used that at a wedding last Saturday but it just doesn't cut it for me. I like the files it produces but the handling is awful. I found I kept switching on macro and the Q menu by accident, AF takes several attempts in low light.
snapbandit 10 2.2k 3 Northern Ireland
25 Aug 2012 1:29PM

Quote:
What about the younger element? Do only TOGs do wedding pictures?

?? where does age come into it??

the term phoTOGrapher covers all ages/genders/persuasions etc.etc. AFAIK.

just confused by this Sad
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
25 Aug 2012 1:29PM

Quote:What equipment makes it in your bag!?

I was asking myself that very same question just a few weeks ago.

Realised I could probably get away with a Fuji x100 for 80% - 90% of the shots most of the time.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
25 Aug 2012 1:50PM

Quote:?? where does age come into it??

just confused by this

TOG is an abbreviation which used to be used by Terry Wogan to describe the male listeners to his radio show. Terry's Old Geezers. Grin

Quote:Some of the kit is locked in the car in a couple of Autosafe strong boxes until required.

I'm not surprised with all that kit! An acquaintance of mine does weddings with a Canon 7D and two lenses (not quite sure but I think they are the 24-105L and a 50/f1.4) and a flash. He's thinking of switching over to the Olympus OM-D for this work... no doubt he will continue to take just a couple of lenses.
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
25 Aug 2012 2:17PM

Quote:?? where does age come into it??

just confused by this

TOG is an abbreviation which used to be used by Terry Wogan to describe the male listeners to his radio show. Terry's Old Geezers. Grin

Must confess that, when I first looked in on this forum, the use of the term "TOG" confused me as well. I had never heard it uses as an abbrieviation for "photographer" before. To me, also, it was an old geezer as popularised by Wogan.

User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
25 Aug 2012 2:18PM
Are we all waiting, with bated breath, for Lucian's contribution to this thread?

Wink
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
25 Aug 2012 2:23PM

Quote:Are we all waiting, with bated breath, for Lucian's contribution to this thread?

Wink

I miss Lucian! Sad

biggrin-dark.jpg

snapbandit 10 2.2k 3 Northern Ireland
25 Aug 2012 2:29PM

Quote:

Ahh... understand now (I didn't listen to Mr Wogan & had not heard of it in that context!)
SmileSmile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.