Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Wedding photography

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225751 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2012 - 11:55 PM

Quote: sorry registry office

Land or wedding registory office? Wink

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
26 Aug 2012 - 11:55 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014639 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
27 Aug 2012 - 6:37 AM

I knew Wedding Photography could be dangerous.

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43819 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
27 Aug 2012 - 8:20 AM

Quote: I knew Wedding Photography could be dangerous.

Hope the tog got paid in advance...Smile

peterjones
peterjones e2 Member 123903 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
27 Aug 2012 - 8:41 AM

The tragic accident may well end the North American vogue for " trash the wedding dress" photography may well come to an abrupt end, it didn't seem quite to have caught on here.

Focus_Man
Focus_Man  4481 forum posts United Kingdom631 Constructive Critique Points
27 Aug 2012 - 8:46 AM

Quote: ?? where does age come into it??
just confused by this Sad

TOG in Uk is a terms for older followers of a presenter called Terry Wogan.

TOG = Terry's Old Geezers.

And I believe he hailed from Northern Ireland,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last Modified By Focus_Man at 27 Aug 2012 - 8:48 AM
Focus_Man
27 Aug 2012 - 9:09 AM

I haven't done any weddings at all since the change over to digital and at 72 I guess I won't be doing any more either. Reading about some people regularly taking 5000 pictures and one taking 10,000 - do these guys issue all their images at full resolution? I only ask because I also read that a DVD is supplied to the customer. Or do they supply at a reduced resolution?

I would guess that to cover 5000 at full resolution will require many many DVDs!

Last Modified By Focus_Man at 27 Aug 2012 - 9:09 AM
Paul_Anthony
27 Aug 2012 - 12:36 PM

Even though some wedding photographers do take way too many photographs, I would suspect that the final edit of photographs that the client sees or receives is probably more in the region of 500 - 600 images. Taking 5,000 seems a little over the top, let alone 10,000. I suspect that they take this many as they are not confident in their ability and feel that if they take enough then a good percentage of them will be acceptable.

I would normally take between 600 & 1,200 photographs at a wedding, the numbers vary due to a whole manner of reasons including the weather, the amount of time you spend at the wedding (some only require minimum coverage, say 4 hours, where as some require all day, up to 10 hours) and whether or not the clients have supplied you with a large wedding photograph list or just leave it up to you to do your standard shots. Taking too many un-neccesary photographs also pro longs your processing time, 1.200 images would typically take me around 2 days to edit down and prepare them for viewing by the clients. Photographing two weddings a week in peak times is a full 6 days work if you are doing all of the photography and processing yourself, as I would suspect that most wedding photographers are. Throw into that, wedding album design, meetings with clients and all the other little things that need to be done like checking all your kit stays in good working order etc. then you will soon find yourself working a seven day week. I was at the studio yesterday processing studio portraits and preparing images for an upcoming wedding fayre (nearly always on sundays), and I am at the studio today processing wedding photographs.

I'm not complaining though, it';s good to be busy Grin .

Regards

Paul

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
27 Aug 2012 - 12:52 PM

10,000 photos at a wedding? No wonder they worry about shutter life! Wink

Can you imagine the cost of film and d&p in the "good old days"?

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315157 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
27 Aug 2012 - 5:00 PM

Quote: Can you imagine the cost of film and d&p in the "good old days"?

Three or four rolls max Smile

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43819 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
27 Aug 2012 - 5:01 PM

Quote:
Three or four rolls max Smile

Ah, but 12, 24 or 36 exposure rolls?Wink

Focus_Man
27 Aug 2012 - 5:11 PM

Quote: Three or four rolls max Smile
Ah, but 12, 24 or 36 exposure rolls?Wink

In my case never 24 or 36, that was 35mm film. I, like most wedding photographers, always used 6x6 film or 6x4.5 ie medium format. So generally 48 pics maximum.

Rolleis, Hassles and Mamiya C220 and C330s (The 6 X 6 cameras) used 12 exposure rolls and the Mamiya 6 x 4.5 (my favourite) used 18 exposures. My favourite because of the format, the 18 exp rolls and the provision of spare 'backs'. which could be preloaded before the wedding commenced ready for use. When used with a pentaprism viewfinder of course to correct the image. Without such, the medium format cameras had a laterally reversed image on display which was a nuisance for fast use.

snapbandit
snapbandit  102205 forum posts Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
27 Aug 2012 - 5:52 PM

Need one of these !!
250bulk.jpg

250 film back, three of four of them should do!
WinkWinkWink

Sooty_1
Sooty_1 Critique Team 41195 forum posts United Kingdom196 Constructive Critique Points
27 Aug 2012 - 8:16 PM

Last wedding I did (and I don't do many) I shot about 400 images, around half of which were duplicates. Edited down to 120 for the couple's DVD and slideshow. I was there all day though they didn't want any of the evening do after the speeches and cake cutting. They were more than happy with the results.
In olden days, I'd shoot 3-4 rolls of 35mm or 5-6 rolls of 645 and produce an album of 25-30 images.

Now everybody seem to want DVDs alone, and no album.

Nick

Focus_Man
28 Aug 2012 - 2:57 PM

Quote: I only ask because I also read that a DVD is supplied to the customer. Or do they supply at a reduced resolution?

Last Modified By Focus_Man at 28 Aug 2012 - 2:58 PM
Paul_Anthony
28 Aug 2012 - 7:13 PM

Quote: I only ask because I also read that a DVD is supplied to the customer. Or do they supply at a reduced resolution?

?

Quote: Even though some wedding photographers do take way too many photographs, I would suspect that the final edit of photographs that the client sees or receives is probably more in the region of 500 - 600 images.l

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.