Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Wedding photography courses. Recommendations please.

janeez e2
6 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
8 Oct 2008 7:23PM
Just considering a serious career move into wedding photography. I see the RPS run weekend courses which would be a start. Has anyone attended a course or can you recommend one that helped get you started. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jane

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ZenTog 12 7.9k 1 England
8 Oct 2008 8:26PM
do the julie oswin contemporary wedding photography course, its a really good grounding in both the practical side and really good on the marketing business side
janeez e2
6 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
8 Oct 2008 8:46PM
Thanks for the tip. I will look at the web site.
tj e2
11 2.0k England
9 Oct 2008 9:38AM
We will be shortly doing an editorial wedding feature which may help. Watch this space Wink
Tricia e2
9 325 Ireland
9 Oct 2008 9:40AM
You'll find the cream of the crop here.
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
9 Oct 2008 9:41AM
julie oswin or damien lovegrove, I think.
janeez e2
6 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
9 Oct 2008 10:24PM
Thankyou for all the very useful information. I have been browsing the web sites and there are some interesting courses out there, Great link TriciaSmile I will keep a look out for the wedding feature, thanks for the info tj. Will keep you posted if I manage to get on one of the courses and give some feedback on the content.
13 Oct 2008 9:43AM
The man who has taught most of them is here and you get good weather guaranteed on his courses http://www.illuminatusnow.com/
agoreira 11 6.0k Wales
13 Oct 2008 9:50AM

Quote:Just considering a serious career move into wedding photography.

Jane

You'd be better off getting a "real" job! Wink
janeez e2
6 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
13 Oct 2008 10:38PM

Quote:Quote:Just considering a serious career move into wedding photography.

JaneYou'd be better off getting a "real" job!

Already got one of those. Very long hours, high stress levels with rewards getting less and less everyday. Driving me mental.

My hubby's philosophy is if you do the one thing you enjoy the most you'll never do another says work in your life!!! thought it was time to put it into practice! Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.