Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Wedding Template Software

XxPaulxX e2
8 260 England
21 Jan 2011 3:08PM
Hi! Can anyone recommend some cheap(or even better free) software with wedding templates for me to use. I'm shooting my neice's wedding and would like to make her a nice cd and possibly print an album.

I'm useless with photoshop, so can't create my own. I'd like quite a variety of templates to choose from, but as I'm receiving my usual fee(ZERO) I'd like to keep cost to a minimum.

Thanks in advance!

Paul

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

collywobles e2
10 3.4k 9 United Kingdom
21 Jan 2011 3:29PM
You can create your own using Photoshop or any of the image software programs. It is a simple process

Redwood Photographic of Colchester have on line software where your prints can be added, I also believe that most professional print labs have similar software. Colin
f11digital e2
11 98 1 United Kingdom
21 Jan 2011 5:44PM
Check out Storybook Album Designer v6, it might be just what you need.
John
XxPaulxX e2
8 260 England
22 Jan 2011 1:14PM
Thanks for the replies Smile

Storybook Album Designer v6 looks good but it's way more than I want to pay. I've opted for a disc off Ebay for under a tenner, just hope it has what I want and that I am able to use it.
26 Jan 2011 8:59AM
Check out fotofusion, they have some good stuff, also the album compay you use may well have their own free stuff.
XxPaulxX e2
8 260 England
26 Jan 2011 11:54AM
Okay, I've received my templates disc and it seems ideal for what I want. My problem is I've no idea how to put my own pictures into place.

When I open the PSD file, the layers section has things like clipping mask and your image. I've managed to copy and paste 1 image into one of the image spaces, but cannot select the other individual image spaces to post more pics on the same template.

If anyone can help me with some very simple instruction, I'd be very greatfull. I'm using PS2 and really haven't got a clue what I'm doing Sad I hate being so inept, and even worse, having to ask for help, but I could play around with this software until I'm a hundred years old and still not figure out this basic technique Sad

Please help if you can, and the more basic and step by step you can make the intruction the better, many thanks!
collywobles e2
10 3.4k 9 United Kingdom
26 Jan 2011 3:28PM
Paul, Is it not just a drag n drop. I dont know what software you refer to but I'd be surprised if it was any more complcated.

If its in PS. Open Window/Arrange and then hold down shift and just drag the image onto the template. Then by holding down shift (to preserve the format) adjust the size to suit the aperture. Colin
XxPaulxX e2
8 260 England
27 Jan 2011 11:19AM
Thanks Colin!

What was confusing me(and it doesn't take much) was I thought I could drag my pics into the aperture created by the mask, and place them there, but I see now I have to drag the pics over as a separate layer, position them in the original image area and size them as appropriate.

I know it will take me ages to sort my pics out into these templates, but thanks to you at least I've got a shot at it Smile Good job my neiece isn't getting wed 'til August Grin
Fishnet e2
10 5.0k 5 United Kingdom
27 Jan 2011 11:42AM
These are some of my favourites sites
Paislee Press

The Album Cafe

Two Peas In A Bucket
Fishnet e2
10 5.0k 5 United Kingdom
27 Jan 2011 11:46AM
Paul, if you have your template PSD file open in PS what you need to do is open your folder of photos, and drag one over to the template, then in the layer menu on the right, select the photo and move it to where you want it to go, put it above the layer that has the aperture you want the photo to go in, right click it and select 'create clipping mask'. You may need to resize the photo, in that case select the photo's layer, hit ctrl+T then hold down the shift button and drag the corners of the photo until it is the size you want.

Its very hard to explain without showing someone though and I'm rubbish at explaining things.
XxPaulxX e2
8 260 England
27 Jan 2011 12:13PM
Thanks Anna Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.