Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Weddings - 2nd photographer

backbeat e2
8 134 1 United Kingdom
2 Sep 2009 12:52PM
Hi

just a punt this, but i'm looking to get experience in wedding photography, but not jump in at the deep end straight away...do any Wedding togs in the North-West need a 2nd photographer occasionally?

thanks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

boony 8 978 3 United Kingdom
2 Sep 2009 2:18PM
Do you come from the north west? If so I dont think anyone will want to train local competition to be honest , try a bit further afield and some one might come forward
JamesBurns 6 1.3k 7
2 Sep 2009 3:21PM
I seriously don't understand anyone that knocks someone back based on being a local... I'd far rather embrace the opportunity to make another local colleague, to encourage them not to undercharge, to have someone to refer to, etc, etc.

Smacks of insecurity if you ask me... At the end of the day it's going to happen anyway - might as well get the best out of it.

I know a few folks over that way, I'll see if they need anyone right now - whereabouts exactly are you based?
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
2 Sep 2009 3:40PM
Thats human, James.
Even in an 'international' website like EPZ, you can ask 10 photographers regarding their processing skill or shooting skill, you won't get 10 replies back; let alone local.
boony 8 978 3 United Kingdom
2 Sep 2009 3:44PM

Quote:Thats human, James.
Even in an 'international' website like EPZ, you can ask 10 photographers regarding their processing skill or shooting skill, you won't get 10 replies back; let alone local.

sorry i dont understand that

yep good luck to the bloke , just passing on my own personal experience of what it`s like in the northwest and trying to help the guy........
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
2 Sep 2009 3:50PM
Sorry, I meant method, rather than skill.
backbeat e2
8 134 1 United Kingdom
2 Sep 2009 4:39PM

Quote:
I know a few folks over that way, I'll see if they need anyone right now - whereabouts exactly are you based?

thanks James...i live in Burnley, but would travel upto 60 mile radius, more maybe.

many thanks

phil

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.