Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Weddings! Shoot and Burn Packages?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Paul_Anthony
14 Sep 2012 - 4:24 PM

Every product / service has a whole range of prices, quality, levels of service etc. Primark on one hand - Gucci on the other.

Judging by Lucians comments he fits in well at the Primark end of the Wedding Photography Business. Lucian has set his stall out to attract clients that are on a budget and probably have low expectations. Shoot and Burn packages are fine for this, stack em high and sell em cheap, £250 a pop should do the trick. I would say that we all start somewhere, but I am aware that Lucian has been passing himself off as a Professional Photographer for some time now, so he should know better and have learnt from experience and price his services accordingly. Although he has not actually stated how much he intends on charging his clients for his Shoot and Burn Packages.

Our starting prices are a little under £900, for this the client gets a full days coverage (usually around 10 hours) and a Quality, Individually Designed 12inch Wedding Photo Book Album, I feel this is where the value is, comprehensive levels of service and a quality product. Editing and enhancing the photographs for the clients to view will take 2 days and the album layout and design can also take 1 - 2 days, depending on the clients preferences. The client also receives a CD of High Res Images from us as standard. Our package prices then increase from this as we add, Parents Albums, Engagement Shoots, Bridesmaids Books, Canvas Wraps and Story Book Wedding Albums. Our top package is currently priced at £1795. If you are interested in viewing our wedding photography package prices you can do so here on our Blog Pages.

You will get work and interest from the clients you pitch yourself at. Couples looking for a Budget Photographer will book a £250 Shoot and Burn jobby. Couples looking for High Levels of Service, Quality Products and Exceptional Levels of Professionalism will book a £900+ wedding photographer. Prices will vary slightly depending on the area you work in. Here in South Wales £900 is a good starting point for Professional Wedding Photography Services.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
14 Sep 2012 - 4:24 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

puertouk
puertouk  21053 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
14 Sep 2012 - 4:53 PM

If you cannot be bothered doing a proper job, get out of of the business, as people like you give togs a bad name. A pro togs life is hard enough at the best of times, so bad publicity tends to rub off on the profession as a whole. If people can't trust a professional, who can they trust?

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014720 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
14 Sep 2012 - 4:58 PM

Without lightroom or capture one, I think I'd be outsourcing all my processing too....

Still takes feckin' ages to do - time you could be spending on other things like marketing and finding new work.

I did one "shoot and burn" last year, though fogot my card reader so couldn't get the pics off camera at the wedding... went home, quick edit in Capture One and burned them a disc - they looked so much better for a tweak in Cap 1... even just a generic sharp/clarity/curves/vibrance tweak makes a huge difference.

User_Removed
14 Sep 2012 - 7:02 PM

Quote: Every product / service has a whole range of prices, quality, levels of service etc. Primark on one hand - Gucci on the other.

Nothing wrong with Gucci. They may never have the appeal of Primark but there is a small (albeit strange) clientèle for them.

Here's my wife in the pink!

monaco.jpg

Tongue

peterjones
peterjones e2 Member 123851 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
14 Sep 2012 - 7:04 PM

Lady Penelope? Grin

scottishphototours

Quote: If you cannot be bothered doing a proper job, get out of of the business, as people like you give togs a bad name. A pro togs life is hard enough at the best of times, so bad publicity tends to rub off on the profession as a whole. If people can't trust a professional, who can they trust?

Well said that man...

BTW, my wife looked through your website and said you SHOULD move on to shoot and burn packages - why?, well she says that the amount of time you've spent on the portfoilo images are WASTED because they're appaling. There you are, straight from a non-photographer, says it all.

Here's a sincere piece of advice - invest your money in some good courses and books on posing and the use of light. Brides with missing hands, Guests with scaffolding growing out their heads - man, the list could go on and on....

I'll be adding you to my website at some point. At your prices you make me look like the best wedding photographer in the world. You could be REALLY good for my business...

peterjones
peterjones e2 Member 123851 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
14 Sep 2012 - 7:49 PM

Where's Lucian's website?

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139388 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
14 Sep 2012 - 8:54 PM

Quote: Here's a sincere piece of advice - invest your money in some good courses and books on posing and the use of light.

This advice has been given to Lucian a number of times. But he has made it abundantly clear he is not interested. His concern is to make money - pure and simple. I am sure Lucian will agree I am not misrepresenting him about this.

Quote: Where's Lucian's website?

We aren't allowed to post links to his various websites. I will PM you. Smile

User_Removed
14 Sep 2012 - 9:02 PM

"Shoot and Burn"?

Isn't that the tactics we used against the Mau Mau in Kenya way back yonder? Only then we called it "Scorched Earth Policy". Much the same thing - destroy everything around you and get out before they catch up with you.

Graysta
Graysta  91133 forum posts England
14 Sep 2012 - 9:20 PM

Quote: I am getting more and more work and I believe it to be the service and quality I give

Nuff said
why lower the standards to uncle Tom's, on the day you / we as a collective should be the Pro and the images presented should reflect that. A good many years ago on this site I remember somone saying that a guy in London area used to turn up at a wedding for £200 shoot 3 rolls of film (thats how long ago) give the films to the couple to take to dear Max or Boots and do one with the £200 in pocket.Why not give the couple your memory card it's about as good and at today's price it's do'able. thats real shoe string wedding photography.

ade_mcfade
14 Sep 2012 - 11:19 PM

Shoot and burn does not mean low quality. It just means less or zero editing.

It is possible to create great shots with a camera Smile

It does however needed a decent photographer attached to it

ade_mcfade
14 Sep 2012 - 11:22 PM

The Facebook comments on the one I did last year were very pleasing. Don't think people had ever seen that style before. And it was down to people skills camera skills and lighting rather than processing

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139388 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
14 Sep 2012 - 11:23 PM

Arguably you have to be a more competent photographer to make a success of Shoot & Burn.

I.e. get it absolutely spot on in-camera, with no option to tweak later. Shooting JPEG of course.

Last Modified By Carabosse at 14 Sep 2012 - 11:24 PM
ade_mcfade
15 Sep 2012 - 1:55 PM

think that's the idea CB Wink

unless you get off on hours of photoshopping of course Wink

with lightroom you can usually "adjust" one shot and synch those settings over many shots - even the dust bunnies can be fixed that way

or if you shoot RAW, then import to lightroom and apply your own "preset" - then export JPGS - you can shoot and burn pretty fast AND get nice punchy shots.

not saying I do that - cause I don't - but it's an option.... depends on how fast your laptop is Smile

Carabosse
15 Sep 2012 - 3:52 PM

As I recall, Lucian only shoots JPEG. Can't see him fiddling around with RAWs, on a laptop, at the event! Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.