Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Wednesday and Fun Friday challenge rolled into one

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318436 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
5 Oct 2005 - 11:36 AM

I've had an idea. We do see lots of similar photos on here damsels, kingfishers, moody filtered landscapes, robins, moons etc so how about I set a challenge for you to photograph the unphotographed? (or at least a photo/style/subject that has never appeared on ePHOTOzine)

Normally in these forum style comps you'd have 24 hours to shoot, but I'll give you until Friday evening.

Take a photo between now and Friday, post it up in the gallery on Friday and put a link to it from here. Keep it clean!

Then, over the weekend, members can rack their brains to remember if they've seen a similar photo uploaded on ePHOTOzine galleries in the past and if you can find one the new entry is disqualified.

I'll pick a winner on Monday.

No prize just a bit of fun.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
5 Oct 2005 - 11:36 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

conrad
conrad  1010874 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
5 Oct 2005 - 11:55 AM

Novel idea, Pete. I like it.

Have you, by any chance, been thinking about other things beside The Book? Wink

Conrad

sillyconguru
5 Oct 2005 - 11:58 AM

Stop having "ideas" Pete, and get on with the book (I'd like my copy before Christmas).

Kris_Dutson
5 Oct 2005 - 1:03 PM

How on earth do I get to the dark side of the moon and back before friday? Wink

Could be fun, I'm up for it.

Kris.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318436 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
5 Oct 2005 - 1:34 PM

Here's my entry to get things going...I challenge you to find anything like it on ePHOTOzine! Wink

stuleech
stuleech  9210 forum posts
5 Oct 2005 - 1:40 PM

This close enough?

Pete
5 Oct 2005 - 1:41 PM

Blimey fairly close! I might not be winning then Wink

Pete
5 Oct 2005 - 11:05 PM

hmmm seems like this competition's a lame duck.

geoffash26
geoffash26  102506 forum posts United Kingdom
5 Oct 2005 - 11:14 PM

Does that Duck belong to Miles???

Geoff

JJGEE
JJGEE  96233 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
5 Oct 2005 - 11:26 PM

Pete

This is a good idea - gets people looking at the gallery more.
Recently I've been having a detailed look at the dedicated XPan Gallery and discovered many excellent images, some were loaded before I joined and therefore been missed

Anyway THIS is the closest I can find so far.

Alas, have not got the time to go through 14,500+ pages each week !

ardbeg77
ardbeg77  101214 forum posts Sao Tome and Principe6 Constructive Critique Points
5 Oct 2005 - 11:46 PM

Here's my effort. Not the best - but I don't shoot digi - so had to find something from the recent archives.

I doubt it's unique - and in my defence, I liked the geometry......but off you go - find me a similar one Smile

Just helping keep Pete's thread alive Smile

Steve

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012554 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
6 Oct 2005 - 12:07 AM

I'm still thinking.... most things have been done, but there must still be something....somewhere...

ardbeg77
ardbeg77  101214 forum posts Sao Tome and Principe6 Constructive Critique Points
6 Oct 2005 - 12:14 AM

I think this is the point where Boyd's oft-promised nude self portrait could come into it's own.....Wink

Steve

sugar jones
6 Oct 2005 - 12:32 AM

Ooh I like this... (wanders off in search of thinking cap)
Hhhmmm...

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
6 Oct 2005 - 12:41 AM

Quote: Here's my entry to get things going...I challenge you to find anything like it on ePHOTOzine! Wink

Pete that's disqualified, there are already loads of out of focus shots on here. :0)

Ian

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.