Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Weekly B&W Challenge ending Wed 30 January -- Hands

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Wilco54
Wilco54  2128 forum posts Luxembourg1 Constructive Critique Points
24 Jan 2013 - 5:23 AM

Ok can we take a little paws from the puns! i am looking forward to some really handsome photos!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
24 Jan 2013 - 5:23 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jestertheclown
26 Jan 2013 - 5:23 PM

I noticed that this thread was slipping down the order so I decided to give it a helping hand . . .

BUMP . . . !

BUMP . . . !

JawDborn
JawDborn e2 Member 2687 forum postsJawDborn vcard England
26 Jan 2013 - 6:18 PM

I've been to busy reading fairy stories by Hans Christian Anderson.

Gary66
Gary66  1158 forum posts England
27 Jan 2013 - 8:30 AM

Fingers crossed I enter a worthy challenge.

Wilco54
29 Jan 2013 - 7:53 AM

Hi everyone, we have an interesting , but limited, selection so far! I am sure everyone can find a hand or two somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
Look forward to reviewing tomorrow evening
Good luck
Chris

Jestertheclown
29 Jan 2013 - 7:39 PM

I'll come up with something; probably tomorrow.

alistairfarrugia
alistairfarrugia Critique Team 1158 forum postsalistairfarrugia vcard Malta86 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2013 - 7:48 PM

I just realised I could have renamed my picture "Hit any key to continue..."

alistairfarrugia
alistairfarrugia Critique Team 1158 forum postsalistairfarrugia vcard Malta86 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2013 - 9:25 PM

For a minute there I was wondering why the result wasn't out yet, and then... DUH! It's still Tuesday! Guess I need to keep a calendar...handy.

rambler
rambler e2 Member 5412 forum postsrambler vcard England14 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2013 - 10:43 PM

Just as long as you are not Punch drunk Wink

alistairfarrugia
29 Jan 2013 - 10:52 PM

I've got to hand it to you, you handle puns handsomely.

rambler
rambler e2 Member 5412 forum postsrambler vcard England14 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2013 - 11:15 PM

Too much time on my hands lol, now there's a shot for someone Tongue

JawDborn
JawDborn e2 Member 2687 forum postsJawDborn vcard England
30 Jan 2013 - 8:29 PM

Quite a lot of punters this week.

Wilco54
30 Jan 2013 - 8:37 PM

Well, many thanks to you all for the really interesting photos - a great range of ideas and really difficult to judge. I did go for the human hands in the end. Out of all the entries (assuming Finas' excellent photo was in the wrong group) I came down to a list of five and then the struggle started! So, in reverse order I have the following:

5th - l1z with a really unusual shot that had me thinking for a while and I loved the shadows and dirt or ink on the hands
4th - DalesLass with a shot that I really liked and it may have won but I felt the background to the hands just distracted the eye a bit
3rd - Gary66 shot that was full of interest and made me wonder if the camera was "mouth-held" or tripod held!
The nightmare is the first 2, so different in style. One I really expected and, as expected, one really unpredictable! So, after long deliberation, sorry Alison...
2nd - Cattyal's wonderful shot that is so well executed and that makes you think on so many levels. Not least of which what is "far more interesting" and has the need for gloves!!!!!!......and
1st - Shakeyhands beautiful shot, Timeless Grace. I am sure Grace is her name and the hands reflect that beautifully. I had expected something similar to be in the group of photos and thought it unlikely a shot of this style would win but this is so well done with great light, great textures, lovely dof and the age in the hands and the ring really suggest a story.

As I said, many thanks for the entries, it was hard to judge but very enjoyable. Well done ShakeyHands and over to you for next week's challenge.
Chris

Wilco54
30 Jan 2013 - 8:37 PM

Quote: Quite a lot of punters this week.

Yes, a good turn out and all really good quality!

Gary66
Gary66  1158 forum posts England
30 Jan 2013 - 8:42 PM

So you can sleep easier tonight Chris the camera was on a tripod, Enjoyed this challenge as I had time to try out a few ideas.
well done ShakeyHands

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.