Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Weekly B&W Challenge ends 8pm 14th August- Bottles - creative shots,

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
WeeGeordieLass
WeeGeordieLass e2 Member 2339 forum postsWeeGeordieLass vcard England
14 Aug 2013 - 8:41 PM

Well, as I said it's been very difficult. I've chosen the one which made me exclaim "Ooooh I like that" when I first viewed it. So the winner is.................................................Vodka Blues by Gary66. And the reason is;

Gary66 – I like everything about your image Gary. The clarity and the tones, the rich blacks and bright whites. The reflections at the bottom of the shot are a great inclusion and I like the way the background is thrown out of focus just enough to not be distracting. You can drink the contents of the middle bottle now to celebrate your win.

Thanks to everyone who entered I found it difficult to choose a winner. My thoughts on all of your great images are;

Wilco54 – Loads of atmosphere Chris, nice POV & DOF. Nice lighting. Really impressive image from a phone. Mmmm I can taste that wine now!

JawDborn – “Blue Sky Thinking” as usual Jack, and you made me laugh again. Love the detail in the wing. It’s quite a scary looking thing though.

Griff2012 – Looks like you enjoy a bit of “hot stuff” Jacqui – me too! I like the natural lighting and the different sizes and shapes of the bottles gives your image interest.

Rambler – I really like the lines of the bottles against the white background Ken. The little ‘un is cute. Looks like me and my husband out for a walk. Great idea.

Digby – Great lighting and background Hugh. The shadows and the lines in and around the bottles and the detail in your image is beautiful. I love those old glass bottles.

Sr1867 – I think this may be early morning light through a window and I like it. The rich blacks show up lovely against the clear glass. Good luck with your saving up Simon.

Cats_123 – Beautiful reflections Jeff. Your lighting has made the glass sparkle. I love the creative POV and crop.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
14 Aug 2013 - 8:41 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Griff2012
Griff2012 e2 Member 2335 forum postsGriff2012 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
14 Aug 2013 - 8:50 PM

Well done Gary. You managed to decide on a winner!

Thank you Elaine, good theme. Always enjoy these challenges - makes us try different subjects in different ways than we might have thought of alone. Smile

Jacqui

DalesLass
DalesLass e2 Member 32055 forum postsDalesLass vcard United Kingdom
14 Aug 2013 - 10:43 PM

Sorry I didn't take part this week I had every intention of doing so and even had the image all sorted in my head...... then my sister asked me to do some sewing for her and that left me with no time for photography...

..I promise to try harder for next week.

Jude

Gary66
Gary66  1158 forum posts England
15 Aug 2013 - 7:10 AM

Thank you for choosing my entry as this week's winner, totally unexpected. Working night shift this week, will be back later with the next challenge....need some sleep first.
B Lucky
Gary.

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104023 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
15 Aug 2013 - 7:25 AM

a deserving winner, Gary Grin....well done , Elaine GrinGrin

Last Modified By cats_123 at 15 Aug 2013 - 7:25 AM
Wilco54
Wilco54 e2 Member 2137 forum postsWilco54 vcard Luxembourg1 Constructive Critique Points
15 Aug 2013 - 8:50 AM

Really good winning shot Gary and a great subject Elaine. Many thanks!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.